Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot Volume

Hello,

I have a PC that gives me an Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot
Volume. After using the recovery console, doing a fixboot and chkdsk
/p, I am able to boot to the PC, but then once it is rebooted, I get
the Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot Volume once again. Any idea
on what could be the problem. I ran the diagnostic utility from Seagate
and it shows that there are some errors on the 2nd partition even after
doing a chkdsk /p on E:. However, the boot partition tested ok even on
full test. Any suggestions?

Phil
1 answer Last reply
More about stop error 0x000000ed unmountable boot volume

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
    (ED)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Phil Buendia" <cleanslate911@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a PC that gives me an Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot
    > Volume. After using the recovery console, doing a fixboot and chkdsk
    > /p, I am able to boot to the PC, but then once it is rebooted, I get
    > the Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot Volume once again. Any idea
    > on what could be the problem. I ran the diagnostic utility from Seagate
    > and it shows that there are some errors on the 2nd partition even after
    > doing a chkdsk /p on E:. However, the boot partition tested ok even on
    > full test. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Phil

Stop Error Boot Windows XP