Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot Volume

June 16, 2005 5:30:46 AM

Hello,

I have a PC that gives me an Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot
Volume. After using the recovery console, doing a fixboot and chkdsk
/p, I am able to boot to the PC, but then once it is rebooted, I get
the Stop Error: 0x000000ED Unmountable Boot Volume once again. Any idea
on what could be the problem. I ran the diagnostic utility from Seagate
and it shows that there are some errors on the 2nd partition even after
doing a chkdsk /p on E:. However, the boot partition tested ok even on
full test. Any suggestions?

Phil
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:52:16 PM

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
(ED)

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny