Boot Problems Windows XP Pro

When I boot my Windows XP Pro system (AMD 2500+, 512Mb DDR RAM) I get 9
explorer windows opening with shortcuts to various installed
applications. How can I stop this from happening? Any help is
appreciated, it's driving me crazy.
Thanks in Advance
Tony

If they were open during shutdown, a 'folder options' setting restores them.

If not open during shutdown, they are probably in startup. (run MSCONFIG.exe , see StartUp tab)

--
Mark L. Ferguson