Nintendo video inverter - which one?

From reading around there appears to be a few possible Nintendo video
inverters - there's the Nintendo original, one made up of LM318's,
Mark Spaeth has apparently designed one, etc.

The thing is, which one is the best one to go for in order to
generically run any old Nintendo game?

I'm only too happy to make my own if someone can please point me at
the relevant schems, but if it's too complex then I'd rather buy a
suitable PCB and add the parts myself, or even buy a ready-made unit.

I see that Clay makes one but this appears to plug into an edge
connector, something which Space Fever boardset doesn't have (just the
usual multiple connectors).

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about nintendo video inverter

    In article max-man says...

    >From reading around there appears to be a few possible Nintendo video
    >inverters - there's the Nintendo original, one made up of LM318's,

    Did you see Mike's inverter + Amp board only ?

    http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=NININVAMP

    - James

    ------------------------------
    JrokLand http://www.jrok.com
    ------------------------------

    On 7 Aug 2005 10:34:15 -0700, jrok <jrokweb@san.rr.com> wrote:

    >In article max-man says...
    >>
    >>From reading around there appears to be a few possible Nintendo video
    >>inverters - there's the Nintendo original, one made up of LM318's,
    >
    >Did you see Mike's inverter + Amp board only ?
    >
    >http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=NININVAMP

    Nice one, many thanks. :)

    max-man <max-man@hotmail.com> wrote:
    : From reading around there appears to be a few possible Nintendo video
    : inverters - there's the Nintendo original, one made up of LM318's,
    : Mark Spaeth has apparently designed one, etc.

    The ones I made a long, long, long time ago were just a copy of the
    original inverter board with no improvements. The fab overplated the
    holes, so the resistors wouldn't fit through, so I ended up trashing
    all of the boards :)

    To do it right, you really need a wide-band opamp that's spec'ed for
    video applications. LM318's too slow.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu