A friend has come to me with a problem on his Laptop that has Windows XP
Home Edition installed on it. He recently upgraded his laptop with some
more RAM, and ever since he has not been able to get past the 'Welcome'
screen on boot up (even when we put the old ram back in).

So i installed another copy of windows XP Pro (in 'C:/windows2'
directory), which works perfectly, enabling me to back all his files.
However, in an ideal world we want to repair the Home install so we
don't have to mess around reinstalling all the settings and programs.

So at this stage i tried to do a repair install of the Home Install
with my XP pro disc, but it would not give me the option to do so. My
question is, is it not possible to do a repair install of Xp Home with
a Xp Pro disc? (We dont have a XP Home disc unfortunatly).

I am open to suggestions of how to get this Home Install up and
running...

Thanks
Scotty

--
scitmon

Your question has been answered in another group.. please do a Google search
for 'cross posting' in a newsgroup.. cross posting allows answers given in
one group to also appear in others where the same question is appearing..
multi-posting, as you have done, fragments answers..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland