Computer problem help !!!

June 16, 2005 3:08:51 PM

Someone asked me to reinstall their operating system for them, which I
did (no genius there and all went smoothly).

However, I kinda stuffed up in that it used to do something which it no
longer does.

This person uses their PC primarily for transferring pictures off of
their camera and onto the desktop. They have a USB card reader thingy
which they used to simply stick the camera's memory card into and
Windows XP would immediately recognise that it had been inserted - and
open a window to show the contents of the card automatically.

Now, I know the card reader is installed correctly, and operates
properly thru Windows Explore/My Computer - files can be transferred
to/from it without a hitch. But this person does not want to have to
navigate to the card's contents manually - they want <b>Windows to
recognise the card being inserted, and to open a window displaying the
contents automatically</b>, just as it did before I played around with
it.

It was not third party software, as I have spoken to the original guy
who installed the card reader - even he can't remember what he did, and
says it's some function of Windows somewhere.

Anyone know if it can be reconfigured?

--
dd22qq

More about : computer problem

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:08:52 PM

Have you tried re-installing the software supplied with the camera?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland