San Marino/Southport/Paderborn/Badajoz Report - Part Deux

Last response: in Video Games
July 7, 2005 7:05:36 PM

I've finally managed to get back to this game, and play some more of the
season. Here's the latest developments:

*SAN MARINO*
Jörg Heinrich (D/DM L) from Ludwigsfelde for £1K

San Marino 0-1 Pistoiese (Serie C Cup. Much better side than us, and it showed)
Massese 1-3 San Marino (Serie C Cup. Bizarrely played the day after the
Pistoiese match. Fairly even in terms of shots, but my goalkeeper made some
<S> saves)
San Marino 0-2 Rimini (Serie C Cup. They had Zlatan Muslimovic up front,
end of story)
San Marino U20s 0-1 Lodigiani U20s (We had 5 shots and they had 1, but we
did beat them 3-1 on yellow cards)
Lodigiani 3-1 San Marino (A humiliating defeat, after being in front)
Gualdo U20s 1-0 San Marino (Losing is starting to become something of a habit)
San Marino 3-3 Gualdo (It was 2-2 after 18 minutes, we scored in the 90th
minute and then they equalised in the 93rd minute. Oh, and they only had 4
shots the whole game)
San Marino U20s 2-2 Montevarchi U20s (What is this clean sheet of which you
speak?)
Montevarchi 0-1 San Marino (An away win and a clean sheet in the same game,
it must be Christmas)
Massese U20s 2-2 San Marino (We only had four shots and scored both our
goals in injury time, so how do you like that computer AI?)
San Marino 2-0 Massese (We had 20 shots to their 6, but the game wasn't
settled until we scored our second in the 90th minute)
San Marino U20s 0-1 Imolese U20s (A single free kick was enough to settle
this dire match)

*SOUTHPORT*
Matthew Tyas (SW/D LC) from Sun Postal Sports on Free Transfer
Dean McDonald (S C) on Free Transfer
Craig Reid (S C) on Free Transfer
Dennis Rix (D L) on Free Transfer
Luke Moore (M C) on Free Transfer
Mark Lennox (D LC) on Free Transfer
Andrew Rosbotham (AM L) on Free Transfer

Southport 0-0 Stafford Rangers (The poor fans had to sit through this dross)
Lancaster 3-0 Southport (Seven shots each, and beat 3-0. It just gets
better and better in this league)
Southport 1-2 Gainsborough (I think I can safely say I'm going to be sacked
from this job)
Southport 0-1 Alfreton (My footballing principles are wasted on these
Neanderthals. They had a player sent off in the 80th minute, but I had a
player injured after using all three of my subs to even things up)
Vauxhall Motors 2-0 Southport (My Morale column is starting to look like a
rainbow, and I sincerely hope the Board are going to pay up my contract when
they sack me)

*PADERBORN*
Paderborn 1-1 Wuppertal (We had 14 shots, 1 goal, 1 sent off for two
bookings, 7 other players booked and 3 players injured. They had 13 shots,
1 goal, 1 booked and 0 injuries. Of course, the Wuppertal manager had
predicted putting a dent in our promotion hopes, so it had to be at best a draw)
Uerdingen U19s 1-0 Paderborn U19s (Decent performance, but pants finishing)
Bielefeld II 3-2 Paderborn (I'm already getting sick of seeing my goalkeeper
passing the ball 5 yards to an opposing forward, who then slots it in the
net. They also had a deflected free kick, and a 15 year old non-existent
player scored the winner in the 93rd minute. I did manage to notch up
another 6 yellow cards though)
Paderborn U19s 2-0 Cottbus U19s (Match Sequence: Goal, Cottbus Player Sent
Off, Goal, Cottbus Player Sent Off)
Paderborn 0-0 Osnabrück (Pants, but at least we didn't get beat)
Paderborn 0-3 Wolfsburg (German Cup 2nd Round. Men against boys, although
we were compensated with £110k prize money)
Braunschweig 2-0 Paderborn (I am a broken man)
Hertha Berlin U19s 0-0 Paderborn U19s (We had 1 player sent off for two
bookings, and four other players booked. I think I might be on for some
sort of Worst Discipline Record)
Paderborn 2-2 Düsseldorf (We blew a two goal lead, with just 12 minutes of
the game left)

*BADAJOZ*
Don Benito U18s 2-0 Badajoz U18s (We had 8 shots to their 4, and still
couldn't score)
Utebo 2-1 Badajoz (Spanish Cup Preliminary Round 1st Leg. Predictable
defeat after I said we'd beat them. We missed a penalty to go 2-0 up, they
scored in the 90th minute and at the final whistle I thought we were out,
until I realised it was only the 1st Leg. They also had 8 players booked,
the hacking underdogs)
Badajoz 5-0 Utebo (Spanish Cup Preliminary Round 2nd Leg. Sweet, sweet revenge)
Badajoz U18s 2-0 Extramadura U18s (A decent performance by the youngsters.
Have they finally started to gel?)
Don Benito 1-1 Badajoz (A fairly even, scrappy start to the season)
Badajoz 6-2 Sevilla B (Four goals for Josemi, and a great performance all round)
Talavera U18s 3-1 Badajoz U18s (Not a real player among them, and we had 18
shots to their 10. Plus two of their players, including the goalkeeper, got
ratings of 1. Remind me why I'm playing this game again?)
Melilla 2-1 Badajoz (Aren't I paying these goalkeepers to keep goals out?)
Badajoz 1-0 Conquense (A nice time for Titi Camara to score his first goal
for the club)

Hopefully, the next update will be a special Christmas edition. By then, I
should also be aware of which players are surplus to requirements for the
January Fire Sales.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:15:59 PM

Stephen Weir wrote:

<snip>

> Hopefully, the next update will be a special Christmas edition. By
> then, I should also be aware of which players are surplus to
> requirements for the January Fire Sales.

We have to wait 5 months for the next update?!

Hmph :-(

heh

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 11:36:32 PM

Toby Briggs wrote:
>> Hopefully, the next update will be a special Christmas edition. By then, I should also be aware of which players are surplus to
>> requirements for the January Fire Sales.
>>
> We have to wait 5 months for the next update?!

No, no, no. It'll be Christmas in the game.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:03:53 AM

Stephen Weir wrote:
> Toby Briggs wrote:
>
>>> Hopefully, the next update will be a special Christmas edition. By
>>> then, I should also be aware of which players are surplus to
>>> requirements for the January Fire Sales.
>>>
>> We have to wait 5 months for the next update?!
>

> No, no, no. It'll be Christmas in the game.

;-) got ya going!

--

!