linksys & cisco

I have a cisco 350 access point. Different laptops with cisco 340
wireless nic's, all is well. I've just received a linksys wusb11
wireless -b. It should connect to the cisco access point, right???

Thanks

~ I have a cisco 350 access point. Different laptops with cisco 340
~ wireless nic's, all is well. I've just received a linksys wusb11
~ wireless -b. It should connect to the cisco access point, right???
~
~ Thanks

It shoulds assume that you haven't configured anything incompatibly.

That's what I thought. But I can't get the linksys to talk to the
cisco. I don't have wep or anything else set for that matter, just the
sid.

Aaron Leonard <Aaron@Cisco.COM> wrote:

>~ I have a cisco 350 access point. Different laptops with cisco 340
>~ wireless nic's, all is well. I've just received a linksys wusb11
>~ wireless -b. It should connect to the cisco access point, right???
>~
>~ Thanks
>
>It shoulds assume that you haven't configured anything incompatibly.

Taking a moment's reflection, gene martinez mused:

| That's what I thought. But I can't get the linksys to talk to the
| cisco. I don't have wep or anything else set for that matter, just the
| sid.

Are you broadcasting the SSID? I've found that Linksys tend to prefer
Broadcast SSID be enabled.

Thanks, I'll have to check...