My computer cannot load into windows plz help

First of all i have a dell dimension 2400.
The other day i was using my computer everything was running perfect as
normal,i turned it off when i left and when i came home i turned it on it
went to the screen that says dell then pops up with this error,
Primary drive 0 not found
strike f1 key to continue,f2 to run setup utility
if i strike f1 it then tells me to strike f1 to retry boot,when i do that it
just beeps and does nothing.i have no idea what it wrong with it can anyone
plz help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about computer load windows help

    First, if you are comfortabe opening your case, do so. I have seen cases
    where the data cable attached to the hard drive wasn't so attached. check
    this first. It's usually a gray, flat, ribbon cable(lots of wires
    side-by-side) with a black or gray connector going from the motherboard to
    your hard drive. By using process of elimination you can find out which drive
    is your HDD by following the CD and Floppy drives from the front of the
    machine to the inside. make sure the cable is somewhat flush with the HDD.
    Also make sure the red-black-black-yellow cable is firmly in place as
    well(can't pull it out easily).

    Next, start your machine and access BIOS(press F2 instead of F1) The first
    screen you see may show you drive parameters if the drive is detected
    correctly or you may have to access a different screen to show you HDD
    params. If BIOS doesn't detect your HDD, you may have HDD failure, virus, bad
    power supply, etc. Someone needs to actually work on your machine to diagnose.

    "sandysbathroom" wrote:

    > First of all i have a dell dimension 2400.
    > The other day i was using my computer everything was running perfect as
    > normal,i turned it off when i left and when i came home i turned it on it
    > went to the screen that says dell then pops up with this error,
    > Primary drive 0 not found
    > strike f1 key to continue,f2 to run setup utility
    > if i strike f1 it then tells me to strike f1 to retry boot,when i do that it
    > just beeps and does nothing.i have no idea what it wrong with it can anyone
    > plz help me?

Computers Dell Windows XP