constantly reboots

June 16, 2005 12:03:13 PM

i have a win xp pro
hardware is good
the systen starts and after the windows logo it briefly blue screens then
reboots.
i have tried several attempts to work around it by using the f8 (safe mode,
last good configuration and such) it blues screens there as it gets to the
logo then reboots.
i cannot get into safe mode or into the system.
the last thing that happened prior to this was i was saving a copy of ntldr
from a laptop i was working on. could it have possibly caused this problem
and if so how do i correct it?
reformatting is not an option.

More about : constantly reboots

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:16:02 PM

Did you overwrite your original NTLDR file? You could try booting to VGA mode
or boot off a Windows XP CD and do a repair.

"art" wrote:

> i have a win xp pro
> hardware is good
> the systen starts and after the windows logo it briefly blue screens then
> reboots.
> i have tried several attempts to work around it by using the f8 (safe mode,
> last good configuration and such) it blues screens there as it gets to the
> logo then reboots.
> i cannot get into safe mode or into the system.
> the last thing that happened prior to this was i was saving a copy of ntldr
> from a laptop i was working on. could it have possibly caused this problem
> and if so how do i correct it?
> reformatting is not an option.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:19:21 PM

Maybe this?
Windows XP logon screen does not appear and the computer continuously restarts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310396

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"art" <art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a win xp pro
> hardware is good
> the systen starts and after the windows logo it briefly blue screens then
> reboots.
> i have tried several attempts to work around it by using the f8 (safe mode,
> last good configuration and such) it blues screens there as it gets to the
> logo then reboots.
> i cannot get into safe mode or into the system.
> the last thing that happened prior to this was i was saving a copy of ntldr
> from a laptop i was working on. could it have possibly caused this problem
> and if so how do i correct it?
> reformatting is not an option.
June 17, 2005 2:28:15 AM

"art" wrote:

> i have a win xp pro
> hardware is good
> the systen starts and after the windows logo it briefly blue screens then
> reboots.
> i have tried several attempts to work around it by using the f8 (safe mode,
> last good configuration and such) it blues screens there as it gets to the
> logo then reboots.
> i cannot get into safe mode or into the system.
> the last thing that happened prior to this was i was saving a copy of ntldr
> from a laptop i was working on. could it have possibly caused this problem
> and if so how do i correct it?
> reformatting is not an option.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:32:01 AM

This happened to me last year for about 3 weeks, after which it then wouldn't
even get past the beginning of the boot sequence before restarting. By the
next day, I assertained that the HD was baffed and replaced it. The 'puter
has run like a dream since then.

!