Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Whenever I try to install a new program I'm getting the message "Error
1324. The Fold4er path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character'.

I'm running XP Pro with all current updates. The folder referred to is
stored on an external USB drive, and exhibits no other problems
whatsoever. Scandisk shows no problems.

Any suggestions please?

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?qu=1324
The above site should provide you with a solution to your issue.
Heirloom, old and gotta finish my
coffee