Can't connect to FTP

I installed WindowsXP and downloaded some updates. Then I found out that any
FTP connection on my computer doesn't work - I can't connect to any FTP
servers (it starts to connect but never finishes) and the FTP server on my
computer doesn't work as well. Somewhere I found that I should uninstall the
update KB893066, but it didn't help.
Does anyone have some advice, please?

Hi. Please provide any error messages/behavior you are experiencing.

"cherokie" <cherokie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed WindowsXP and downloaded some updates. Then I found out that
>any
> FTP connection on my computer doesn't work - I can't connect to any FTP
> servers (it starts to connect but never finishes) and the FTP server on my
> computer doesn't work as well. Somewhere I found that I should uninstall
> the
> update KB893066, but it didn't help.
> Does anyone have some advice, please?

wow, I've already solved it. In my FTP client I ticked off "use passive mode"
and FTP connection worked again. After restarting computer it is still
working even when I don't use the passive mode.
windows are really weird...
thanx anyway