I recently had to re-install XP Home Edition.
Having formatted the drive and installed said prog. on bootup I was
presented with a black screen with two bootup options !!! The default option
was Microsoft Windows, the second option was Windows XP Home Edition. If I
let the first option run then I got an error message to say that a file was
missing but if I chose XP Home Edition then it would boot O.K.
I have had to use msconfig to specify the XP option in the boot.ini as
default, which works okay. Can I edit the bootup file to get rid of the
other option so that I don't have to run msconfig all the time ??

Byte

Yep!
--
Some days you're the windshield,