Donkey Kong 2

Hi All,

Usually I am over on RGP as my collection has migrated towards pins in
the past few years but I was hoping some of you guys could help me with
some info. I was at California Extreme this weekend and saw for the
first time a Donkey Kong 2. It was actually in a DK cabinet but had
completely different levels that were VERY difficult. The first level
was based on the pie factory and the second was blue in color simillar
to the key level in DK Jr. I didn't get past the 2nd level since it was
quite difficult. The thing is , this looked nothing like a cheap
knock-off but rather something made by Nintendo. Does anyone have any
info on this? I would love to get my hands on either a board or roms if
I can.

Please let me know if you have any info.

Thanks!
--
Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F

Vids - D*nkey Kong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20

I did not make it to California Extreme, however, I do know of this
which looks very cool and from what I have heard, is worth the money.
The guy's name is Jeff, I would imagine it might very well be the same
person You are speaking who might be working on a new set of ROMs?

http://www.jeffsromhack.com/products/donkeykong.htm

I saw the same thing and asked around about it. The info I got was that it
is currently being programmed by a private individual. The version you saw
at CA Extreme was not finished. In fact, only the first two levels were
finished, and the third looked almost finished, except for a very large
sprite glitch (large white box covering a significant portion of the
screen). The only other info I was able to get is that it being done by
somebody named "Jeff" and he just had it at the show for testing purposes.
I didn't have the balls to try it after watching somebody get to level five,
it looked much too hard for me. Hopefully "Jeff" reads this newsgroup and
will chime in and post any more info and the details on how (if?) he will be
releasing it.
-Jason Richard

"Kevin L'Heureux" <tv-sound@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Usually I am over on RGP as my collection has migrated towards pins in
> the past few years but I was hoping some of you guys could help me with
> some info. I was at California Extreme this weekend and saw for the
> first time a Donkey Kong 2. It was actually in a DK cabinet but had
> completely different levels that were VERY difficult. The first level
> was based on the pie factory and the second was blue in color simillar
> to the key level in DK Jr. I didn't get past the 2nd level since it was
> quite difficult. The thing is , this looked nothing like a cheap
> knock-off but rather something made by Nintendo. Does anyone have any
> info on this? I would love to get my hands on either a board or roms if
> I can.
>
> Please let me know if you have any info.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F
>
> Vids - D*nkey Kong
>
> Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Jason Richard" <pcjason@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> I saw the same thing and asked around about it. The info I got was
> that it is currently being programmed by a private individual. The
> version you saw at CA Extreme was not finished. In fact, only the
> first two levels were finished, and the third looked almost finished,
> except for a very large sprite glitch (large white box covering a
> significant portion of the screen). The only other info I was able to
> get is that it being done by somebody named "Jeff" and he just had it
> at the show for testing purposes. I didn't have the balls to try it
> after watching somebody get to level five, it looked much too hard for
> me. Hopefully "Jeff" reads this newsgroup and will chime in and post
> any more info and the details on how (if?) he will be releasing it.
> -Jason Richard
I couldn't even get passed the first level. Glad no one was watching.

I asked about the ROMS. Apparantly, he will be selling the kit when
completed.

-Tom

On 2005-08-08 02:05:15 -0700, "Curious George" <jedidroid@aol.com> said:

> I did not make it to California Extreme, however, I do know of this
> which looks very cool and from what I have heard, is worth the money.
> The guy's name is Jeff, I would imagine it might very well be the same
> person You are speaking who might be working on a new set of ROMs?
>
> http://www.jeffsromhack.com/products/donkeykong.htm

That definitely looks like it although this page show only one new
level and not the first level on the game we played at CAX nor the new
opening scene. The foundry was actually level 2 on the game on the game
I played.

I would love to know more info.
--
Pins - M*M - M*B - A*FM - R*FM - ST*TNG - L*OTR - R*F

Vids - D*nkey Kong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20

The mans name is Jeff Kulczycki who did the new levels for DK2 that was
shown at CAX. He plans on finishing the other 2 levels in the future.
His site is http://www.jeffsromhack.com/ One of the nicest guys I
have ever met.

-steve

On 2005-08-08 16:29:51 -0700, "Steven Hertz" <shertz43@hotmail.com> said:

> The mans name is Jeff Kulczycki who did the new levels for DK2 that was
> shown at CAX. He plans on finishing the other 2 levels in the future.
> His site is http://www.jeffsromhack.com/ One of the nicest guys I
> have ever met.
>

> -steve

Thanks guys for the info!!!

--

Pins - M*M - M*B - L*O*T*R - A*F*M - R*F*M - S*T*T*N*G - R*F

Vids - D*nkey K*ong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C - C*V - W*H20 - R*F*M#1