FS/FT: Nintendo dual monitor VS machine, will fit through ..

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2005 4:21:23 AM

I'm in need of more space in my arcade, so I need to convert my Dual Monitor
VS machine, the upright one, to a single monitor one. I've modified this
one so that it will come apart so it will fit through a standard 32"
doorway. It works great!

I'll have to figure out which games I have for this one, there are a few
that I wish to keep. I think I have ExciteBike, I'm not sure of which
others. The cabinet is in good shape and solid and the monitor look nice
with no noticeable screen burn in.

I'd prefer to deal with someone near Redmond WA.

Thanxx,

Adam
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 2:41:05 PM

I'm curious about what you did to modify it so it would fit through a
standard doorway. Mine always fit through a normal doorway by simply
removing the control panel box that formed a sorta "v" shape across the
front which stuck out way too far. Is this what you did, or did you do
something more drastic?

Now it fits through just about anything after a couple guys "helped"
move it downstairs and dropped it. All that weight didn't help it stay
too structurally sound after a tumble down the steps!
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 3:24:02 PM

That's what I did. I just removed that v-shaped tray. I then just add a
bunch of screws, and unobtrusively as possible, to firmly attach the tray
back to the cabinet.

I've found taking the monitors out and the CP tray off makes for much easier
moving of the game. Fortunately those monitors are pretty easy to remove.

--

Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

!