"Sink" messages at login

Hello,

Recently the antivirus program on my Windows XP PC caught and deleted a
backdoor trojan. Since then, every time I boot the machine and log in I
receive a message on my desktop which reads: "sink started at 08:03 AM sink
stopped at 08:03 AM". I am pretty confident that this is only a flag
resulting from the initial contact from the trojan. My defs are updated, and
reveal nothing from a full system scan.

My question is: has anyone else seen this message, and is there a way to
clear it from the system? (maybe through a registry edit or similar action?).
I can find absolutely no information on this condition from any source.

Any advice is appreciated.

You don't mention your AV program. Go to their website and search for the
term.
Start/open/run and type services .msc. See if there is something similar to
the message in services and configure/troubleshoot from there.
Also I found this which may be helpful.
http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/R/RSMSINK.EXE-2747.html