Help with SIM Blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Archived from groups: alt.cell-phone.tech,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Hello EveryOne !
I 've just bought the Motorola V400 . While I play around with the Security
in Setting Menu . I open the features " SIM PIN " . I see the check mark at
OFF, and I change to ON . That 's it , I did . But now the phone alway show
SIM Blocked ( event I turn off and turn back on ) . Only 1 features I can
use is Unblock . When I get in Unblock , It asked me : " PIN1 Unblock code .
Even I enter 0000 or 1234 or 000000 , the phone always accept, and ask for "
Enter New SIM PIN ", I put in my 6 password number , then it askek "
Re-enter New SIM PIN " . I enter same my 6 number password again . .. It
show " Code Invalid-Try again " . I don't know what to do now , the New Sim
Pin is the one I will create or what Number from Fido ( My cell phone
provider ) . And I 've never been ask for PUK code ( I heard , if it ask for
PUK code , after 10 try , the Sim card will gone ) . SomeOne out there know
what going on , or please show me to solve the problem , I am very
appreciate . ( I call tech. support , they tell me must purchase another sim
card with $25 , I just got this phone about 3 week ) . Again .... Thanks
......Joe . my email : joenguyenca@yahoo.com

Archived from groups: alt.cell-phone.tech,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

If it is "SIM blocked" there is nothing you can do... The files taht make
SIM work, have been electronically destroyed... It is part of the security
setup...

The SIM is unusable... period... The only option is to get a new SIM...

Doesnt matter how many times you did it, or whetehr someone had tried
previously... It is cumulative, and you are SOL...

It can not be reset, reloaded, or restored...

"joe" <joepnp@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hello EveryOne !
> I 've just bought the Motorola V400 . While I play around with the
Security
> in Setting Menu . I open the features " SIM PIN " . I see the check mark
at
> OFF, and I change to ON . That 's it , I did . But now the phone alway
show
> SIM Blocked ( event I turn off and turn back on ) . Only 1 features I can
> use is Unblock . When I get in Unblock , It asked me : " PIN1 Unblock code
..
> Even I enter 0000 or 1234 or 000000 , the phone always accept, and ask for
"
> Enter New SIM PIN ", I put in my 6 password number , then it askek "
> Re-enter New SIM PIN " . I enter same my 6 number password again . .. It
> show " Code Invalid-Try again " . I don't know what to do now , the New
Sim
> Pin is the one I will create or what Number from Fido ( My cell phone
> provider ) . And I 've never been ask for PUK code ( I heard , if it ask
for
> PUK code , after 10 try , the Sim card will gone ) . SomeOne out there
know
> what going on , or please show me to solve the problem , I am very
> appreciate . ( I call tech. support , they tell me must purchase another
sim
> card with $25 , I just got this phone about 3 week ) . Again .... Thanks
> .....Joe . my email : joenguyenca@yahoo.com

zyrelle

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
my sim card has been blocked..
but i already fixed it..
in "your personal secret number is"
has a PIN1/PUK1
i enter the PUK1# instead the PIN1 then the ENTER NEW PIN has appear
i type 1234 which is the PIN1# and after that RE-ENTER NEW SIM PIN i type 1234 again.. and then my sim card has been unlocked..
thats it!
just try... :)

hi i need help
i hav the same problem, yesterday i was playing and suddenly i turned it from off to on and it appears to me on my secreen puck code
and it was 10 tries i was puttiing 20092009 and next try 1234 and so on till it apppears to me the puk blocked contact provider
i do not know how to solve this
and what does that mean puk blocked?
and your cooperation will be highly appreciated

wshoman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
dear
try to enter 4 digets only for sim pin Coz it dos not accebt more than 4 pin no.

if it accebted it is ok if not you should try another SIM

Wael shoman

HaroKun

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
ive tried that before, and its no use :( :??:

Hello,

I worked for Fido customer service for many years, so here how this works :

First you have 2 different security settings: one for the SIM, and one for the PHONE.

The PIN # and PÜK # are associated with the SIM.
- When security for the SIM is abled, you use a PIN code to unlock your phone.
- If you enter the wrong PIN code more than 3 times, it will ask you for a PUK number.
- The ONLY way to get the PUK # is call customer service (NOT a Fido store), who will give you the PUK# associated with the SIM you are using (if they know their job ...).

The security code is associated with the PHONE/ HANDSET.
- If security for the PHONE/ HANDSET is not abled, DON'T ENABLE IT. It's not worth the hassle.
- To unlock the security code for a phone, you need to have the phone model security code. I THINK Nokias work with 0000, other models like Sony Ericsson with 1234, if my memory serves me right, but make sure you get the right model code by checking with customer service, or a Fido store.
- If you changed the phone security code in your settings PRIOR to your problem, then it means that the phone model security code won't work. At this point, the ONLY thing you can do to unlock your PHONE/ HANDSET is to go to a Fido Flagship and see a technician who should be able to unlock your phone.

Note: The only thing that enabling the phone security will do, is prevent someone (thief, buyer) to use the phone with another SIM. If your SIM is locked and your PHONE unlocked, the new user, buyer or thief with be able to use the phone, ONLY by using their own SIM, or activate a new SIM.
So if your SIM is locked, that's what is important to you, because it's the SIM that is associated with your phone#, your account, your line and personal infos = your BILL!

So as far as the PHONE/ HANDSET security goes, I'd suggest to just ... "Don't touch that dial!!"

Hope it helps,
Chan

guyfawkes

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hello,
if my SIM is blocked after my phone was lost, does this mean that no-one can access contacts, SMS etc I had saved on it?

Hi friends, :pt1cable:
I would like to suggest something regarding lost SIM blocked. If your SIM is blocked after your phone is lost then no one can access your contacts or SMS.

Thanks
http://www.talkietech.com/

sangeeta

Distinguished