NTFS is now RAW, HELP!!

I installed some documentation software for work on my F:(spare) drive. After
re-booting my F: drive is "...is not accessable. The folder or file is
corrupt and unreadable." Properties reports: 0 bytes free, 0 bytes used,
files system: RAW

HELP,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!!
--
me

"jsc3489" <jsc3489@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed some documentation software for work on my F:(spare) drive.
>After
> re-booting my F: drive is "...is not accessable. The folder or file is
> corrupt and unreadable." Properties reports: 0 bytes free, 0 bytes used,
> files system: RAW
>
> HELP,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!!
> --
> me

The File Allocation Table or other boot table on the drive is corrupt. You
may attempt to retrieve data from the drive using specialized and expensive
software, but it is unlikely that the data is in a useable format.

You probably had write caching enabled on the disk and rebooted before the
MFT was written back to disk. You should always turn write caching off on
external drives.

Bobby

Go to this site and download PC Inspector..

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Read up on how to work the program, because the more passes you have to
make, the less chance there is of recovery.. make each pass count..
--
http://www.fast-rewind.com