adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

When I turned on my home P.C. this morning I got the message;

NTLDR is missing
Press any key to continue.

When I press any key it says that the system cant start and to insert the
boot disk. Before I do this can anybody tell me if I use the boot disk am I
going to lose all the files I had saved on my P.C.? Also I am asuming the
boot disk is the windows XP cd that came with the P.C.

I read a post somewhere else which talks about doing a windows xp repair
install. Should I insert the windows xp cd an do this?

Any help greatly appreciated

Do a Google Search on NTLDR and you will find lots of help sites.
Pick the one that best fits your problem.

"Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I turned on my home P.C. this morning I got the message;
>
> NTLDR is missing
> Press any key to continue.
>
> When I press any key it says that the system cant start and to insert the
> boot disk. Before I do this can anybody tell me if I use the boot disk am
> going to lose all the files I had saved on my P.C.? Also I am asuming the
> boot disk is the windows XP cd that came with the P.C.
>
> I read a post somewhere else which talks about doing a windows xp repair
> install. Should I insert the windows xp cd an do this?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated

See the XP group at microsoft.public.windowsxp.general or
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers

This section of MS newsgroups is for Windows Update issues.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
> When I turned on my home P.C. this morning I got the message;
>
> NTLDR is missing
> Press any key to continue.
>
> When I press any key it says that the system cant start and to insert the
> boot disk. Before I do this can anybody tell me if I use the boot disk am
> going to lose all the files I had saved on my P.C.? Also I am asuming the
> boot disk is the windows XP cd that came with the P.C.
>
> I read a post somewhere else which talks about doing a windows xp repair
> install. Should I insert the windows xp cd an do this?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated

Excuse my earlier reply. <red faced>
Please see Ron Martell's reply just above.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User