Windows Exporer - Crashing!

Each time I try to use Window Explorer for a bit of time, it endes up
freezing up. It says the usual "Not responding - do you want to close?"
thing, but then after I push yes, it freezes up the start bar and doesn't
close. Firefox usually still works just great during this period, but other
programs don't.

Then I have to got to the Task Manager and close it manually...and when it's
closing a thing comes up that says Dr Watson's Postmortem Debugger needs to
close, would you like to send an error report. I don't remember ever having
installed that =/

Is this a bug? I've scanned my computer with Norton and McAffee multiple
times. I just got it about two weeks ago.

And can anyone figure out why Windows Explorer keeps crashing? I use it a
lot because of webmastering, and move files into different folders and such,
and this is just so annoying! Help?!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows exporer crashing

    Paul,

    Can't access Windows Explorer, Control Panel et al.
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=80536

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    > Each time I try to use Window Explorer for a bit of time, it endes up
    > freezing up. It says the usual "Not responding - do you want to close?"
    > thing, but then after I push yes, it freezes up the start bar and doesn't
    > close. Firefox usually still works just great during this period, but
    > other
    > programs don't.
    >
    > Then I have to got to the Task Manager and close it manually...and when
    > it's
    > closing a thing comes up that says Dr Watson's Postmortem Debugger needs
    > close, would you like to send an error report. I don't remember ever
    > having
    > installed that =/
    >
    > Is this a bug? I've scanned my computer with Norton and McAffee multiple
    > times. I just got it about two weeks ago.
    >
    > And can anyone figure out why Windows Explorer keeps crashing? I use it a
    > lot because of webmastering, and move files into different folders and
    > such,
    > and this is just so annoying! Help?!

Windows XP