Why cant windows just give me a password prompt?

Recently windows started making me click my ONLY user name to type in a
password.. why cant it just automatically have that field selected like
before?

Please help

IDisapproveOfWindows wrote:
> Recently windows started making me click my ONLY user name
> to type in a password.. why cant it just automatically have
> that field selected like before?
>
> Please help

Go to Start -> Run.
Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

control userpasswords2

Click OK.
Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer".
In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User
Name" box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
not have a password.
Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired
results.

Nepatsfan