Why cant windows just give me a password prompt?

Recently windows started making me click my ONLY user name to type in a
password.. why cant it just automatically have that field selected like
before?

Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about windows give password prompt

    IDisapproveOfWindows wrote:
    > Recently windows started making me click my ONLY user name
    > to type in a password.. why cant it just automatically have
    > that field selected like before?
    >
    > Please help

    Go to Start -> Run.
    Copy and paste the following into the Open box:

    control userpasswords2

    Click OK.
    Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer".
    In the box that pops up, replace Administrator in the "User
    Name" box with your user account. Enter your password twice.
    Note: You can leave the password box blank if your account does
    not have a password.
    Click OK twice and reboot to see if you get the desired
    results.

    Nepatsfan

Support Microsoft Windows XP