My keyboard has stopped working...

Hi,

i tried reinstalling the drivers, to no effect. everything tells me that the
keyboard is there, but it isn't responding. my touchpad is still ok, so i'm
using an onscreen keyboard.

i'd reset the registry, but i can't press f8 to get into that bit.

any suggestions?

thanks, andrew

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:41:03 -0700, Crispicem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i tried reinstalling the drivers, to no effect. everything tells me that the
> keyboard is there, but it isn't responding. my touchpad is still ok, so i'm
> using an onscreen keyboard.
>
> i'd reset the registry, but i can't press f8 to get into that bit.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> thanks, andrew

Suggestions:
-Restart the computer. Sometimes this is the simplest fix.
-Run system restore and pick a restore point that predates the keyboard
problem. This will replace the registry with a copy that was working at
that time.
-Try a different keyboard.

Curious - what steps do you take to reset the registry that needs the f8
key to function?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User