resizing pictures

I resized some jpeg pictures for e-mailing purposes and now I can't view the
pics as a thumbnail. Then when I printed it, it was too small. I also can't
view the pictures in any other picture programs for developing. How do I
restore the picture to it's original size?
2 answers Last reply
More about resizing pictures

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:46:05 -0700, courtney young wrote:

    > I resized some jpeg pictures for e-mailing purposes and now I can't view the
    > pics as a thumbnail. Then when I printed it, it was too small. I also can't
    > view the pictures in any other picture programs for developing. How do I
    > restore the picture to it's original size?

    TIP: Whenever working with files of images, consider working with copies
    instead of the originals. That way if mistakes happen, you still have the
    originals on hand.

    There is no good way that I know of to get satisfactory results enlarging a
    JPG image that was already resized to smaller dimensions. The larger image
    requires additional pixels - where are those going to come from? The
    software used to enlarge the picture will try to fabricate some but usually
    detail is lost and the results are blurry and/or jagged. Sorry.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "courtney young" <courtney young@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I resized some jpeg pictures for e-mailing purposes and now I can't view
    >the
    > pics as a thumbnail. Then when I printed it, it was too small. I also
    > can't
    > view the pictures in any other picture programs for developing. How do I
    > restore the picture to it's original size?

    You can't if you overwrote the original size.
    In future when you resize a file give it a different name so you end up with
    2 files- the origimal and the resized one.

Support Microsoft Windows XP