dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Is the upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro the same price as the upgrade from Win98
to XP Pro?

I've upgraded a DeskTop from Win98 to XP Pro a while back before SP2.

Can I use that same XP Pro upgrade CD to upgrade my XP Home SP2 laptop?

Thanks for any help.

Dennis

<Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> Is the upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro the same price as the upgrade from
> Win98
> to XP Pro?

Look ast the price list of your supplier.

> I've upgraded a DeskTop from Win98 to XP Pro a while back before SP2.
>
> Can I use that same XP Pro upgrade CD to upgrade my XP Home SP2 laptop?

Not legally. There's a licence with the product- read it.

> Thanks for any help.
>
> Dennis

No, you need to purchase another XP Pro license.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dennis" wrote:

| Is the upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro the same price as the upgrade from Win98
| to XP Pro?
|
| I've upgraded a DeskTop from Win98 to XP Pro a while back before SP2.
|
| Can I use that same XP Pro upgrade CD to upgrade my XP Home SP2 laptop?
|
| Thanks for any help.
|
| Dennis

TRENDING THREADS