system file not suitable

I am having trouble installing an exe program. I recieve the following error
message.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the
program.

After checking with MS Knowledgebase, the answer given was to "See the
administrator"
I am the administrator on this computer so therefore I have no idea what to
do next.

Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank-You in advance
SamDotCom

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

314495 - How to Troubleshoot 16-Bit Windows Programs in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314495

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"samdotcom" <yuwant2no@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69tse.1124$mD6.812@fe07.lga...
>I am having trouble installing an exe program. I recieve the following error message.
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose
> "Close" to terminate the program.
>
> After checking with MS Knowledgebase, the answer given was to "See the administrator"
> I am the administrator on this computer so therefore I have no idea what to do next.
>
> Any thoughts would be sincerely appreciated.
>
> Thank-You in advance
> SamDotCom

copy autoexec.nt from c:\windows\repair then paste it to
c:\windows\system32.

Slim