Win 7 Upgrade Anytime, Family Pack Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Family pack for $149? What is Family Pack, three copies of Starter Edition? That seems like a insanely good price for even just one copy of Win7.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
i put windows 7 RC on my laptop that had vista home premium and its like, whats the point of buying whats essentially Vista for those that didn't like Vista at the start and never tried it again.

I like that the icons are larger and that similar applications of an icon on the task bar don't lessen the space of the task bar and just group together. And its nice that I can open My Computer from the documents folder, but its only tiny differences. go ahead with the thumbs down. its stupid that TH censors it if fanboys dont like what they hear but I was very happy with vista and as far as performance goes, same startup time and only 250MB less RAM used with all the same applications as on Vista.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
hellwig: the blog states it's 3 copies of Home Premium edition... which really is a good deal... in comparisons to their other offerings...

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
....Which essentially means new computers will be dominated by Win 7 Basic install, and you have to ask for at least 79.99 when you buy new machine from the seller. for example, I would not buy new Lenovo or HP for 399, because will cost me anyway another 79.99 to bring it to normal operational condition, without considering the cost of your time and the hussle to upgrade.... :). However, I would be OK spending $150 for basic desktop with C2Duo, or $200 for a laptop :)))). The industry just shoot itself in the leg, again. This will be even worse than the Vista fiasco, and very funny to observe from the sidelines.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Yea, clarify what you get with $150 family pack. Is that 3 FULL version of Win7 Home Premium for example or what? I've got a few computers and would like a family pack price please for Home Premium.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
•Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Home Premium: $79.99
•Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional: $89.99
•Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate: $139.99

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade was arround $49 in presale.
Windows 7 Prof Premium Upgrade was arround $109 in presale.
I can just said "Windows 7" presale was totally great DEAL.

And Familly Pack is a good idea!

Zenthar

Distinguished
I think I might speak for a few people here saying I would like to see a FULL Family Home Premium package. Otherwise I will just wait for OEM or something similar.

Zenthar

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]yes.. it's full versions of Home Premium... can no one bother to click on links to verify for themselves?[/citation]Mmmm, actually, from the linked blog:[citation]In the US, the price for the Windows 7 Family Pack will be $149.99 for 3 Windows 7 Home Premium licenses. That’s a savings of more than $200 for three licenses.[/citation]This means they evaluate 3 licenses to be roughly 350$. A single UPGRADE license is 120$, therefore 3 would be 360$ and damn close to the estimated 350$. Moreover, FULL versions are advertised as 200$, 3 licenses would be 600$ and the family pack would be saving 450$ something they wouldn't have failed to mention. So either they are 3 OEM licenses (for which prices are yet to be disclosed) or they are 3 upgrades.

MountainFlip

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I just want to remind all of you that the price quotes in this article are for upgrading from a Windows 7 version to another Windows 7 version. This is not the true cost of upgrading from XP / Vista to Windows 7.

Zenthar

Distinguished
[citation][nom]MountainFlip[/nom]I just want to remind all of you that the price quotes in this article are for upgrading from a Windows 7 version to another Windows 7 version. This is not the true cost of upgrading from XP / Vista to Windows 7.[/citation]For the upgrade/full prices, I just went on NewEgg :p

G

or you could by Snow Leopard for $29. Ha Ha Ha. PC users stuck with MICROCRAP.....

Zenthar

Distinguished
[citation][nom]techreader45[/nom]or you could by Snow Leopard for $29. Ha Ha Ha. PC users stuck with MICROCRAP.....[/citation]*Cough* Linux (Free) *Cough*

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
See MS... people are already getting mixed up with your Home Basic vs Home Premo...

Stupid, they should have just called it Win7 Basic and Win7 Home, that's it - simple.

Hey, how come Microsoft doesn't have a Degrade deal? Go from Ultimate to Home and get back $150?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
This is another area where Apple shines. There OS has two flavours, Home and Server, no games no gimmicks like MS is doing. Their upgrade is simple to understand too and are actually full blown copies. Stick in your $29 copy of 64 bit Snow Leopard (there is no 32 bit) and you can do a format for a fresh install and it will not ask for your previous version like MS does to verify you have a old disk. I will stick with my Linux for now, can't get lower than Free!

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]This is another area where Apple shines. There OS has two flavours, Home and Server, no games no gimmicks like MS is doing. Their upgrade is simple to understand too and are actually full blown copies. Stick in your $29 copy of 64 bit Snow Leopard (there is no 32 bit) and you can do a format for a fresh install and it will not ask for your previous version like MS does to verify you have a old disk. I will stick with my Linux for now, can't get lower than Free![/citation]

I'd dig it if MS or Apple paid me to use their OS >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.