XP Pro on Ebay - What's the catch?

Hi,

Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
copy of XP.

I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
with items such as the one here:

"MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1

It says:

"(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :

YES!!

These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.

(2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
codes? :

YES!!

They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.

(3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:

YES!!

Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."

Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?

Thanks in advance,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
More about ebay what catch

    Two phrases that come to mind:
    Buyer beware.
    If it seems to good to be true...

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "John Latter" <jorolat@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    > needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    > copy of XP.
    >
    > I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    > with items such as the one here:
    >
    > "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >
    > It says:
    >
    > "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    > professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    > unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >

    > (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    > codes? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >

    > (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >
    > Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Latter
    >
    > Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    > homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >
    > 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

    I suggest you ask the seller whether you get a certificate of authenticity
    and whether the software comes on original Microsoft cds (complete with
    hologram).

    There is a lot of pirate software sold on ebay. It might be genuine (and
    will almost certainly work), but I expect its pirate.

    Brian.

    Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and had
    supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try to cover
    up the cracks. Its a religion, not science.

    "John Latter" <jorolat@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    > needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    > copy of XP.
    >
    > I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    > with items such as the one here:
    >
    > "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >
    > It says:
    >
    > "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    > professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    > unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >

    > (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    > codes? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >

    > (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >
    > Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Latter
    >
    > Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    > homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >
    > 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

    Did you notice the "terms and conditions" and click on the link?
    http://www.suitseveryone.com/eBay/New/terms.htm

    "John Latter" <jorolat@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    > needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    > copy of XP.
    >
    > I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    > with items such as the one here:
    >
    > "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >
    > It says:
    >
    > "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    > professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    > unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >

    > (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    > codes? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >

    > (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >
    > Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Latter
    >
    > Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    > homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >
    > 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

    Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and had
    supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try to cover
    up the cracks. Its a religion, not science

    No the exact opposite is true.That is why it is called science.Science
    constantly corrects itself with the best and most likely explanations called
    theories. Religion does not do this....It is percisely what science is all
    about!!

    John Latter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    > needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    > copy of XP.
    >
    > I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    > with items such as the one here:
    >
    > "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >
    > It says:
    >
    > "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    > professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    > unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >

    > (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    > codes? :
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >

    > (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >
    > YES!!
    >
    > Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >
    > Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Given the price advertised, I'd have to conclude that what's being
    offered are burned copies of installation CDs, and that the pictures
    shown are simply part of the deception. You'll notice that the seller
    is careful to strongly imply, in very fine print, that, in effect, the
    software is not shipped in it's original packaging.

    Be very careful buying any software on eBay, as eBay makes no prior
    effort to ensure that such sales are legitimate; they react only when
    someone files a complaint. (And then all that really happens is the
    seller of the pirated software returns using a different alias, to
    continue selling illegitimate licenses.)

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    uuk wrote:
    > Did you notice the "terms and conditions" and click on the link?
    > http://www.suitseveryone.com/eBay/New/terms.htm

    Good catch! That virtually guarantees that the sellers knows he's not
    selling legitimate licenses.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Brian Cryer wrote:

    > Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    > people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and had
    > supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try to cover
    > up the cracks. Its a religion, not science.

    And you apparently haven't the slightest idea what either science or
    religion is, or you would not have so completely confused them.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Note price of 14+ pounds - about $65 USA - postage ?
    Also note comment "United Kingdom only" near bottom.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    My answer to you would be this

    http://tinyurl.com/aojuh

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >

    >> Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    >> people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and
    >> had supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try
    >> to cover up the cracks. Its a religion, not science.
    >>

    > And you apparently haven't the slightest idea what either science or
    > religion is, or you would not have so completely confused them.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    Sorry....responded to the wrong post.......

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:45:28 -0400, "uuk" <sd@kj.net> wrote:

    >Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    >people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and had
    >supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try to cover
    >up the cracks. Its a religion, not science

    Its not a theory, the idea was developed from 'anomalies' found below
    the level at which psychological trauma occurs. It stands or falls by
    its potential for testability.

    Neo-darwinism is a theory, and to many, a religion. I don't do gods no
    matter how well they're disguised.

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:38:08 -0400, "uuk" <sd@kj.net> wrote:

    >Did you notice the "terms and conditions" and click on the link?
    >http://www.suitseveryone.com/eBay/New/terms.htm

    No I didn't but I knew there had to be something wrong somewhere - I
    just wanted to know what!

    >"John Latter" <jorolat@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    >> needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    >> copy of XP.
    >>
    >> I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    >> with items such as the one here:
    >>
    >> "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >>
    >> It says:
    >>
    >> "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    >> professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    >> unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >>

    >> (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    >> codes? :
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >>

    >> (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >>
    >> Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> John Latter
    >>
    >> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    >> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    >> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >>
    >> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:00:12 -0600, Bruce Chambers
    <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote:

    >John Latter wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Because my XP Home is preloaded onto my hard drive & my hard drive
    >> needs replacing, I'm looking at having to buy a new drive AND a new
    >> copy of XP.
    >>
    >> I've been looking at Ebay and would like to know what the catch is
    >> with items such as the one here:
    >>
    >> "MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO *INC SP2* + MS OFFICE 2003 PRO"
    >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41888&item=7163496073&rd=1
    >>
    >> It says:
    >>
    >> "(1) Are these products the full unrestricted versions of Windows XP
    >> professional SP2 & Office 2003 Professional? :
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> These versions of Windows XP Pro & Office 2003 Pro are the full
    >> unrestricted versions and NOT trial or upgrade versions.
    >>

    >> (2) Do these products come complete with fully working product key
    >> codes? :
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> They will be supplied with FULLY WORKING key codes.
    >>

    >> (3) Can I receive security updates etc. from Microsoft?:
    >>
    >> YES!!
    >>
    >> Both these products can be FULLY UPDATED by Microsoft."
    >>
    >> Where can I come unstuck by purchasing something like this?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>

    > Given the price advertised, I'd have to conclude that what's being
    >offered are burned copies of installation CDs, and that the pictures
    >shown are simply part of the deception. You'll notice that the seller
    >is careful to strongly imply, in very fine print, that, in effect, the
    >software is not shipped in it's original packaging.
    >
    > Be very careful buying any software on eBay, as eBay makes no prior
    >effort to ensure that such sales are legitimate; they react only when
    >someone files a complaint. (And then all that really happens is the
    >seller of the pirated software returns using a different alias, to
    >continue selling illegitimate licenses.)

    Thanks Bruce!

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >
    >> Off topic, but regarding your footer - I find it quite amazing the need
    >> people have to invent theories to support evolution. If it was true and
    >> had supporting evidence then it wouldn't need ever more theories to try
    >> to cover up the cracks. Its a religion, not science.
    >
    > And you apparently haven't the slightest idea what either science or
    > religion is, or you would not have so completely confused them.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    At school I was told that science was testable and repeatable. Going by this
    evolution isn't science. It isn't testable and isn't repeatable.

    I suggest you dig for some evidence for evolution which hasn't either been
    debunked or isn't in contention. Don't confuse natural selection with
    evolution, many people do - its the only part of the theory which does stack
    up. Also be aware that when so called new evidences are found they are often
    broadcast on the media with great publicity, unfortunately the retractions
    and counter-evidences don't get the same publicity (eg life on mars claims).

Windows XP Microsoft Office Ebay Product