buddy

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

bitmapHi,
In Outlook Expess 6, is there any way of putting a picture (bitmap) into my
signature? If so, how?
I have tried going to tools, options, signature and using both text and file.

Thank You

"buddy" <buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> bitmapHi,
> In Outlook Expess 6, is there any way of putting a picture (bitmap) into
> my
> signature? If so, how?
> I have tried going to tools, options, signature and using both text and
> file.
>
> Thank You

You should be aware that many folks can't or won't receive HTML mail, and
many mail servers will not accept email with scripted attachments to avoid
possible viruses. In addition, it would be unfair to anyone on dialup to
make them wait to download a photo that is just part of a signature.

bobby

buddy

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

It is not a photo, it is a business logo.

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "buddy" <buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > bitmapHi,
> > In Outlook Expess 6, is there any way of putting a picture (bitmap) into
> > my
> > signature? If so, how?
> > I have tried going to tools, options, signature and using both text and
> > file.
> >
> > Thank You
>
> You should be aware that many folks can't or won't receive HTML mail, and
> many mail servers will not accept email with scripted attachments to avoid
> possible viruses. In addition, it would be unfair to anyone on dialup to
> make them wait to download a photo that is just part of a signature.
>
> bobby

If you have Microsoft Office installed, you can use Microsoft Word as your
email HTML editor, and it would allow you to do what you want. Keep the
logo as small as possible; many potential customers will be turned off if
they have to wait for a huge file to download every time you email them.

Bobby

> It is not a photo, it is a business logo.
>

> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>

>> "buddy" <buddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > bitmapHi,
>> > In Outlook Expess 6, is there any way of putting a picture (bitmap)
>> > into
>> > my
>> > signature? If so, how?
>> > I have tried going to tools, options, signature and using both text and
>> > file.
>> >
>> > Thank You
>>
>> You should be aware that many folks can't or won't receive HTML mail, and
>> many mail servers will not accept email with scripted attachments to
>> avoid
>> possible viruses. In addition, it would be unfair to anyone on dialup to
>> make them wait to download a photo that is just part of a signature.
>>
>> bobby

It's still a graphics file. Whatever the bitmap represents is a little
irelevant.