Why won't Q*bert save high scores?

On a Q*bert main board, no acid damage, but definitely a dead battery.
Change out the dead battery for an off-board cell phone rechargeable 3.6VDC
battery. But the game still won't save high scores. Any clues on what to
check for next? Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)

joemagiera@ameritech.net

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

The knowledge you seek is found here:

http://www.jrok.com/sohs/qb-upg.html

You can get at least 1 of the Dallas chips directly from them as a
sample. Google for DS1220 and you should be able to go directly to the
product page and from there you can sign up and get a sample. They say
you can get 2 but they've only ever sent 1 to me.

Erik

Maybe something wrong with the ram chips? I just installed a 1 farad
cap on my Qbert board, and that seemed to do the trick.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

use a AA fuse block with a diode to avoid charging.

Troy,

Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> On a Q*bert main board, no acid damage, but definitely a dead battery.
> Change out the dead battery for an off-board cell phone rechargeable
3.6VDC
> battery. But the game still won't save high scores. Any clues on what to
> check for next? Thanks,
>

> Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
>
> joemagiera@ameritech.net

I blame society.

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> On a Q*bert main board, no acid damage, but definitely a dead battery.
> Change out the dead battery for an off-board cell phone rechargeable
> 3.6VDC battery. But the game still won't save high scores. Any clues on
> what to check for next? Thanks,
>

> Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
>
> joemagiera@ameritech.net

I blame Bush. Why not, he gets blamed for everything else.

Matt Hoy wrote:
> Maybe something wrong with the ram chips? I just installed a 1 farad
> cap on my Qbert board, and that seemed to do the trick.

I second the use of a supercap. I installed one on my Pole Position
works great.

--
IA

www.InstantArcade.com