windows image acquisition

XP home_ when opening 'my computer' either from desktop or windows explorer
torch appears until eventually the files appear. Also navigation bar in I.E.
does not work but google bar does. Error message 'Windows Image Acquisition
(WIA) is not a valid Win32 application.'
2 answers Last reply
More about windows image acquisition

    See if this helps:

    Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > See if this helps:
    >
    > Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >
    > "crazy_dude" <crazy_dude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > XP home_ when opening 'my computer' either from desktop or windows
    > > explorer
    > > torch appears until eventually the files appear. Also navigation bar in
    > > I.E.
    > > does not work but google bar does. Error message 'Windows Image
    > > Acquisition
    > > (WIA) is not a valid Win32 application.'
    >
    > WIA was already turned off

Windows XP