windows image acquisition

June 17, 2005 7:41:04 AM

XP home_ when opening 'my computer' either from desktop or windows explorer
torch appears until eventually the files appear. Also navigation bar in I.E.
does not work but google bar does. Error message 'Windows Image Acquisition
(WIA) is not a valid Win32 application.'
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:50:39 PM

See if this helps:

Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"crazy_dude" <crazy_dude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D D618683-BE78-4031-A417-3E009168D3F8@microsoft.com...
> XP home_ when opening 'my computer' either from desktop or windows
> explorer
> torch appears until eventually the files appear. Also navigation bar in
> I.E.
> does not work but google bar does. Error message 'Windows Image
> Acquisition
> (WIA) is not a valid Win32 application.'
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 8:56:54 AM

!