windows image acquisition

XP home_ when opening 'my computer' either from desktop or windows explorer
torch appears until eventually the files appear. Also navigation bar in I.E.
does not work but google bar does. Error message 'Windows Image Acquisition
(WIA) is not a valid Win32 application.'

See if this helps:

Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;819017

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User