How to use IE 5.0 in Windows XP - SP2

I have a situation here, we have planned to move to Windows XP – SP2. we also
have lot of third party and custom built web applications.

Problem Statement - XP by default has IE 6.0 and there are apps which needs
IE 5.0 and 5.5 by default to run. We cannot downgrade the IE version in XP,
so how do we handle this. An obvious answer is to remediate those apps but
are there other creative ways?

Suggestions and guidance welcome
1 answer Last reply
More about windows

    Subash,

    Try this in IE6 newsgroups. BTW, can you tell what happens when you run the
    applications in XP? Isn't it backward compatible?

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Subash" <Subash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a situation here, we have planned to move to Windows XP – SP2. we
    >also
    > have lot of third party and custom built web applications.
    >
    > Problem Statement - XP by default has IE 6.0 and there are apps which
    > needs
    > IE 5.0 and 5.5 by default to run. We cannot downgrade the IE version in
    > XP,
    > so how do we handle this. An obvious answer is to remediate those apps but
    > are there other creative ways?
    >
    > Suggestions and guidance welcome

Internet Explorer Windows XP