Unable to delete a folder

I restored a folder from msbackup to a new location after a clean install of
the OS and now I am unable to delete that folder. I keep receiving "Access
is denied". I tried to delete the folder in safe mode and I restored the
computer to the point before the creation of the folder but it still will
not delete.
1 answer Last reply
More about unable delete folder

    Thomas,

    >> I restored a folder from msbackup.

    You meant NTBackup?

    >> I keep receiving "Access > is denied".

    Take Ownership of the folder, and then try to delete it.

    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Thomas R. Hayes" <waterpollutionoperations@cityofattleboro.us> wrote in
    message news:etjO8%23ycFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I restored a folder from msbackup to a new location after a clean install
    >of the OS and now I am unable to delete that folder. I keep receiving
    >"Access is denied". I tried to delete the folder in safe mode and I
    >restored the computer to the point before the creation of the folder but it
    >still will not delete.

Clean Install Microsoft Windows XP