Future AGCM meet-ups?

While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
is do-able!

I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.

--
- / - Daniel - / -

Em Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:47:59 +0100, Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not
> the
> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def!
> It
> is do-able!
>
> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.

I have my heart on it, but my pockets deny any chances :-(

--
Eduardo Liguori
EPL Champion

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
> is do-able!
> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.

They could all just make a bugdet flight (or swim) to Amsterdam on the
30th instead. But no, they make up silly excuses like their cars being
to new. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Blue Turning Gray

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:17:35 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
>> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
>> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
>> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
>> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
>> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
>> is do-able!
>> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.
>
>They could all just make a bugdet flight (or swim) to Amsterdam on the
>30th instead. But no, they make up silly excuses like their cars being
>to new. ;-)

It's a fact ! Apart from that I' m flying to Toronto in 2 weeks time
(for business), so tough luck !

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >They could all just make a bugdet flight (or swim) to Amsterdam on the
> >30th instead. But no, they make up silly excuses like their cars being
> >to new. ;-)

> It's a fact ! Apart from that I' m flying to Toronto in 2 weeks time
> (for business), so tough luck !

Oh, I'm devastated. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: TBF - Daleko od Zemlje

"Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
> is do-able!
>
> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.

I'd be up for it, but personally I'd vote for Prague. The beer is insanely
cheap (like 50p a pint), accomodation and food is reasonable and there are
cheap flights. A Sparta Prague game may not be quite so glamarous, but it'd
still be a laugh.

--
Fil

Daniel Marsh wrote:

> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.

Yeah, Hong Kong.

"The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> wrote in
message news:42D68E06.3720E61E@netvigator.com...
> Daniel Marsh wrote:
>
>> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.
>
> Yeah, Hong Kong.

im not interested in going but since you mentioned hong kong... I suddenly
thought of dubai....(dont know why)

Fil Arkonus wrote:

> I'd be up for it, but personally I'd vote for Prague. The beer is insanely
> cheap (like 50p a pint), accomodation and food is reasonable and there are
> cheap flights. A Sparta Prague game may not be quite so glamarous, but it'd
> still be a laugh.

Prague is great. Not to mention that my infamous sock picture was
taken there. :)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Coral - In the Morning

"Fil Arkonus" <fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote in

>> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in
>> Amsterdam, I thought I would see who is interested in future
>> piss-ups/meetings, not the upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure
>> we could organise something for towards the end of the year or
>> thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a meet-up somewhere like
>> Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for example?? With
>> budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It is
>> do-able!
>>
>> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.
>
> I'd be up for it, but personally I'd vote for Prague. The beer is
> insanely cheap (like 50p a pint), accomodation and food is
> reasonable and there are cheap flights. A Sparta Prague game may
> not be quite so glamarous, but it'd still be a laugh.

I'd be more inclined for Prague as well... I'd certainly consider
joining you on this. The beer IS very cheap, food is good, clubs are
OK and (so I'm told *cough*) there are plenty of nice strip clubs,
which is always nice... :)

Seeing Sparta Prague would be very good too, just very cold!

--
PG

PivotalG wrote:

> Seeing Sparta Prague would be very good too, just very cold!

I just remembered that our biggest online game (8 people I think) was
in the Czech league. I was Slavia Prague and Daniel was Sparta IIRC.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Coral - In the Morning

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:32:59 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Fil Arkonus wrote:
>
>> I'd be up for it, but personally I'd vote for Prague. The beer is insanely
>> cheap (like 50p a pint), accomodation and food is reasonable and there are
>> cheap flights. A Sparta Prague game may not be quite so glamarous, but it'd
>> still be a laugh.
>
>Prague is great. Not to mention that my infamous sock picture was
>taken there. :)

You were strolling the streets of Prague with nothing but your socks ?

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >Prague is great. Not to mention that my infamous sock picture was
> >taken there. :)

> You were strolling the streets of Prague with nothing but your socks ?

When in Prague...

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Coral - In the Morning

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:46:32 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:

>When in Prague...

....Get absolutely rat-arsed for £3.50

"Daniel Marsh" <danmaruk@NOSPAMTHANKSbtopenworld.com> wrote in message
> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
> is do-able!
>
> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.
>

> --
> - / - Daniel - / -

can I come? lol......

I'd be up for it, and what better place to go than AMS. Or maybe
Milton Keynes.

Daniel Marsh wrote:
> While Milly and myself finilise our plans for a few beers in Amsterdam, I
> thought I would see who is interested in future piss-ups/meetings, not the
> upcoming one in Amsterdam. I'm sure we could organise something for
> towards the end of the year or thinking further ahead into 2006? Maybe a
> meet-up somewhere like Rome while taking in a Roma or Lazio game for
> example?? With budget flights we could do something like this mos def! It
> is do-able!
>
> I think this is something we should all brainstorm and stuff.
>

> --
> - / - Daniel - / -

Hey there. Back from behind the iron carpet -- sorta. Still in Vietnam
though. Amsterdam and London are cheap from most places in Europe.
Spain and Italy are different, for me at least. Good idea though.

Would be interested