fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, ..

fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, main event
pcbs

1. Atari Pole Position I pcb set with interconnect board - $80
2. Atari Pole Position I pcb set w/ int. pcb (graphics glitch) - $35
3. Taito Legend of Kage - $30
4. Konami Super BasketBall - $15
5. Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35
6. Konami The Main Event - $15
7. Sega Altered Beast PCB - stripped - $11

All boards 100% working except for 2,6,7 items. Prices include s/h
within USA.

csa_arcade@comcast.net

John sorry to hear that. When I saw his initial FS post I jumped on the
BZ boards! Afterward I did the same search you did and turned up
nothing. I emailed him and asked if he had references and an email
linking him to an eBay username and he suggested searching
pcbwarehouse@comcast.net since he did some transactions under that
email earlier this summer. That turned up 4-5 FS posts on the NG but no
NG, no feedback, no link to eBay, and the fact that he wasn't signing
his emails threw up enough red flags for me to balk on the transaction.
I can say he was cordial in his emails. I hope me makes good on the
deal for you John.

- Craig

CSA Arcade <csa_arcade@comcast.net> wrote:
>fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, main event
>pcbs
>
>1. Atari Pole Position I pcb set with interconnect board - $80
>2. Atari Pole Position I pcb set w/ int. pcb (graphics glitch) - $35
>3. Taito Legend of Kage - $30
>4. Konami Super BasketBall - $15
>5. Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35
>6. Konami The Main Event - $15
>7. Sega Altered Beast PCB - stripped - $11
>
>All boards 100% working except for 2,6,7 items. Prices include s/h
>within USA.
>
>csa_arcade@comcast.net

Just did a google search for csa_arcade@comcast.net, and only got
the two recent posts by this person. Anybody know if this guy
is legit?

Best Regards,

John Hermann
Buy, Sell, Trade, and Repair Video and Pinball Machines.
Located near Dallas, TX.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8393

John Hermann <jhermann@hifi07.dal.design.ti.com> wrote:
CSA Arcade <csa_arcade@comcast.net> wrote:
>fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, main event
>pcbs
>
>1. Atari Pole Position I pcb set with interconnect board - $80
>2. Atari Pole Position I pcb set w/ int. pcb (graphics glitch) - $35
>3. Taito Legend of Kage - $30
>4. Konami Super BasketBall - $15
>5. Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35
>6. Konami The Main Event - $15
>7. Sega Altered Beast PCB - stripped - $11
>
>All boards 100% working except for 2,6,7 items. Prices include s/h
>within USA.
>
>csa_arcade@comcast.net

Okay, here's the deal. I sent paypal payment for the BZ boardset
listed above. The guy was quick to respond to several emails, so
I felt like he was probably okay. He did respond once more to
confirm recept of payment and that the boards would be mailed that
day. I sent another email since, but got no response. This is
way early, so I can't conclude anything, but I'm posting to
inform others about this sales post. The person on the paypal payment
came up as David Zarala. Doing some on-line checking indicates that his
actual name is David Zavala out of Denver who has a history of
ripping people off. I've probably lost my money, but I can at least
warn others. If I receive the boards, I will repost and apolgize to
David for hitting the panic button; but due to the circumstances, I
feel that a warning post should be made.

Best Regards,

John Hermann
Buy, Sell, Trade, and Repair Video and Pinball Machines.
Located near Dallas, TX.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8393

Damn, and here I was bumming about missing out on the BZ boards...

hopefully it'll work out for John, but the fact that he apparently has a
paypal account with a slight misspelling of the last name leads one to
wonder (was the first one close by paypal an he's now using an alias...).

At least it's only $35

"Craig Yarbrough" <hyarbr01@harris.com> wrote in message
> John sorry to hear that. When I saw his initial FS post I jumped on the
> BZ boards! Afterward I did the same search you did and turned up
> nothing. I emailed him and asked if he had references and an email
> linking him to an eBay username and he suggested searching
> pcbwarehouse@comcast.net since he did some transactions under that
> email earlier this summer. That turned up 4-5 FS posts on the NG but no
> NG, no feedback, no link to eBay, and the fact that he wasn't signing
> his emails threw up enough red flags for me to balk on the transaction.
> I can say he was cordial in his emails. I hope me makes good on the
> deal for you John.
>
> - Craig

Here's the latest...

I have just completed filing a complaint with paypal. This is
after emailing "David Zarala" at least 5 times with no responses.
My last email was two days ago explaining that I would be filing
a complaint with PayPal today if I didn't hear from him or if the package
didn't arrive; I guess he didn't care. It does appear that this person
is the well known fraud "David Zavala", so just be aware and keep away from
CSA Arcades in the future. I don't expect to recover any of my money;
I am curious to see what Paypal does about it. If my situation changes,
I'll be sure to post and let everyone.

Best Regards,

John Hermann

John Hermann <jhermann@hifi07.dal.design.ti.com> wrote:
CSA Arcade <csa_arcade@comcast.net> wrote:
>fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, main event
>pcbs
>
>1. Atari Pole Position I pcb set with interconnect board - $80
>2. Atari Pole Position I pcb set w/ int. pcb (graphics glitch) - $35
>3. Taito Legend of Kage - $30
>4. Konami Super BasketBall - $15
>5. Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35
>6. Konami The Main Event - $15
>7. Sega Altered Beast PCB - stripped - $11
>
>All boards 100% working except for 2,6,7 items. Prices include s/h
>within USA.
>
>csa_arcade@comcast.net

Okay, here's the deal. I sent paypal payment for the BZ boardset
listed above. The guy was quick to respond to several emails, so
I felt like he was probably okay. He did respond once more to
confirm recept of payment and that the boards would be mailed that
day. I sent another email since, but got no response. This is
way early, so I can't conclude anything, but I'm posting to
inform others about this sales post. The person on the paypal payment
came up as David Zarala. Doing some on-line checking indicates that his
actual name is David Zavala out of Denver who has a history of
ripping people off. I've probably lost my money, but I can at least
warn others. If I receive the boards, I will repost and apolgize to
David for hitting the panic button; but due to the circumstances, I
feel that a warning post should be made.

Best Regards,

John Hermann
Buy, Sell, Trade, and Repair Video and Pinball Machines.
Located near Dallas, TX.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8393

John,

Glad you're seeing some results. I wonder how much of it had to do with
you posting about it here! ;-P

- Craig

Another update; PayPal has forwarded a FedEx tracking number they
received from the seller. The date of shipment was Aug 22nd; a bit
late from what was originally stated, but not unreasonable. I'm
thinking at this point that the seller is probably valid, but gets
overwelled or distracted, and that I may have jumped to conclusions
based on prior postings. I should be receiving the package tomorrow;
I'll update again after I receive the package and inspect the item
(probably in two days).

Best Regards,

John Hermann

John Hermann <jhermann@hifi07.dal.design.ti.com> wrote:
Here's the latest...

I have just completed filing a complaint with paypal. This is
after emailing "David Zarala" at least 5 times with no responses.
My last email was two days ago explaining that I would be filing
a complaint with PayPal today if I didn't hear from him or if the package
didn't arrive; I guess he didn't care. It does appear that this person
is the well known fraud "David Zavala", so just be aware and keep away from
CSA Arcades in the future. I don't expect to recover any of my money;
I am curious to see what Paypal does about it. If my situation changes,
I'll be sure to post and let everyone.

Best Regards,

John Hermann

John Hermann <jhermann@hifi07.dal.design.ti.com> wrote:
CSA Arcade <csa_arcade@comcast.net> wrote:
>fs: pole position, bz, legend of kage, konami basketball, main event
>pcbs
>
>1. Atari Pole Position I pcb set with interconnect board - $80
>2. Atari Pole Position I pcb set w/ int. pcb (graphics glitch) - $35
>3. Taito Legend of Kage - $30
>4. Konami Super BasketBall - $15
>5. Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35
>6. Konami The Main Event - $15
>7. Sega Altered Beast PCB - stripped - $11
>
>All boards 100% working except for 2,6,7 items. Prices include s/h
>within USA.
>
>csa_arcade@comcast.net

Okay, here's the deal. I sent paypal payment for the BZ boardset
listed above. The guy was quick to respond to several emails, so
I felt like he was probably okay. He did respond once more to
confirm recept of payment and that the boards would be mailed that
day. I sent another email since, but got no response. This is
way early, so I can't conclude anything, but I'm posting to
inform others about this sales post. The person on the paypal payment
came up as David Zarala. Doing some on-line checking indicates that his
actual name is David Zavala out of Denver who has a history of
ripping people off. I've probably lost my money, but I can at least
warn others. If I receive the boards, I will repost and apolgize to
David for hitting the panic button; but due to the circumstances, I
feel that a warning post should be made.

Best Regards,

John Hermann
Buy, Sell, Trade, and Repair Video and Pinball Machines.
Located near Dallas, TX.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/8393

Okay, I received a package from "David Zarala", but it only
included the Main/AVG board, and not the Aux board. It was
also missing on of the AM6012 DACs, and was in what I'd
specify as fair but repairable condition; definitely not
worth the $35. His ad was for:

Atari BattleZone PCB set (Main and Aux) stripped of ROMs - $35

(see below for original ad)

I've sent a message to David on my issues with this deal; I'm
not going to cancel my complaint with Paypal unless he honors
his ad. I suspect that PayPal will go ahead and cancel the
complaint since I received a package albeit not as advertised;
something that PayPal needs to change to improve their service.
At this point, I'm just glad I received anything. So deal with
this person at your own discretion.

Best Regards,

John Hermann