HELP: Hantarex 25" clicking noise/Repair in Chicago?!?

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
August 10, 2005 6:45:00 PM

I have a Hantarex Polo 25" Monitor from a Lethal Enforcers. When
Powered, makes a clicking noise about once a second, but no other
activity. Some research around the net seems like the flyback and the
HOT?!? needs to be replaced. I have VERY limited electronics skills,
and even less monitor skills. Needless to say, not trying this myself.
First of all, does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis? Could it be
worse than this? Second, anybody around Chicago (Im in Joliet) able to
do this? Ideas on cost of repair? Any help??? Thanx in advance!

Scottie
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 12, 2005 6:48:46 PM

Anybody???
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 13, 2005 6:50:13 AM

"Scottie Bessler" <scottiebessler@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Hantarex Polo 25" Monitor from a Lethal Enforcers. When
> Powered, makes a clicking noise about once a second, but no other
> activity. Some research around the net seems like the flyback and the
> HOT?!? needs to be replaced. I have VERY limited electronics skills,
> and even less monitor skills. Needless to say, not trying this myself.
> First of all, does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis? Could it be
> worse than this? Second, anybody around Chicago (Im in Joliet) able to
> do this? Ideas on cost of repair? Any help??? Thanx in advance!
>
> Scottie

It's difficult to diagnose something with that type of failure without
looking at it, although a common problem with monitors which have switching
power supplies is a clicking noise from the power supply continually
shutting down and restarting as a result from a short - most likely in the
horizontal section, often times the HOT. The HOT and the flyback? Possibly
!