HELP: Hantarex 25" clicking noise/Repair in Chicago?!?

I have a Hantarex Polo 25" Monitor from a Lethal Enforcers. When
Powered, makes a clicking noise about once a second, but no other
activity. Some research around the net seems like the flyback and the
HOT?!? needs to be replaced. I have VERY limited electronics skills,
and even less monitor skills. Needless to say, not trying this myself.
First of all, does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis? Could it be
worse than this? Second, anybody around Chicago (Im in Joliet) able to
do this? Ideas on cost of repair? Any help??? Thanx in advance!

Scottie
2 answers Last reply
More about help hantarex clicking noise repair chicago

    Anybody???

    "Scottie Bessler" <scottiebessler@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Hantarex Polo 25" Monitor from a Lethal Enforcers. When
    > Powered, makes a clicking noise about once a second, but no other
    > activity. Some research around the net seems like the flyback and the
    > HOT?!? needs to be replaced. I have VERY limited electronics skills,
    > and even less monitor skills. Needless to say, not trying this myself.
    > First of all, does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis? Could it be
    > worse than this? Second, anybody around Chicago (Im in Joliet) able to
    > do this? Ideas on cost of repair? Any help??? Thanx in advance!
    >
    > Scottie

    It's difficult to diagnose something with that type of failure without
    looking at it, although a common problem with monitors which have switching
    power supplies is a clicking noise from the power supply continually
    shutting down and restarting as a result from a short - most likely in the
    horizontal section, often times the HOT. The HOT and the flyback? Possibly

Monitors Video Games