Can't access Internet after installing SP2

Took a user's computer that was working fine and used the recovery disk to
reinstall everything from scratch. It came with SP1. I downloaded and
installed updates and then downloaded and installed SP2. Now I can't access
the Internet. I just get the "page can not be displayed" message. I can ping
outside websites, but just can't reach them. Does anyone know of a setting or
something I can look at to see why this is happening. The only change made
was to install SP2 which was done successfully.

Thank you

"Bruce Riley" <Bruce Riley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Took a user's computer that was working fine and used the recovery disk to
> reinstall everything from scratch. It came with SP1. I downloaded and
> installed updates and then downloaded and installed SP2. Now I can't
> access
> the Internet. I just get the "page can not be displayed" message. I can
> ping
> outside websites, but just can't reach them. Does anyone know of a setting
> or
> something I can look at to see why this is happening. The only change made
> was to install SP2 which was done successfully.
>
> Thank you

try setting the firewall to allow IE access to the net
Alasdair

--
please note email address requires editing

www.digitalmystic.co.uk