Need help with a G05 Asteroids Deluxe monitor

Here is the deal, I am kinda stuck with this monitor. Not because I have
tried everything, but because I do not have a lot of experience with these
monitors. I am currently reading FAQs and Troubleshooting documents, but I
figured I would throw this out there to see if anyone has experienced this
before.
The pcb is fine, I checked it in my asteroids machine, so the issue is the
monitor.

The tube and HV appear to be ok because on one of my deflection boards I get
a picture (kind of)

Deflection board 1:
This is the one that came in the monitor. When I got the game it played
blind. No spot killer, no nothing.
When I took the deflection board out a capacitor fell off of it and to the
floor. I soldered the capacitor back on and check the fuses (all working).
So, I plugged it back in the spot killer light flashed on real quick and
then went out (normal I think) but there is still not picture on the screen.

Deflection board 2:
I got this with the know problem that the spot killer lights up and you get
no picture unless the brightness is turned up all the way. The picture you
get obviously has retrace lines and the spot killer is still on. Since I
get a picture I assume the issue is on the deflection boards.

So, anyone have any advice on what I should check next? Which one of these
has more potential to be fixed first?

TIA

There are two large 4 ohm resistors on the deflection board on some
revisions. Check to make sure they are good. You can bypass them with
straight wire, but bear in mind they are there for a reason. HINT: Do
not allow spot killer to run for more then five minutes with these
bypassed. Everything else runs fine.

- Matt

Do you mean R100 and R101? Neither board has them, but there is
connectivity between the points.
Thanks for the tip

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message
> There are two large 4 ohm resistors on the deflection board on some
> revisions. Check to make sure they are good. You can bypass them with
> straight wire, but bear in mind they are there for a reason. HINT: Do
> not allow spot killer to run for more then five minutes with these
> bypassed. Everything else runs fine.
>
> - Matt

Matty-t <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote:
: There are two large 4 ohm resistors on the deflection board on some
: revisions. Check to make sure they are good. You can bypass them with
: straight wire, but bear in mind they are there for a reason. HINT: Do
: not allow spot killer to run for more then five minutes with these
: bypassed. Everything else runs fine.

These resistors aren't even included on later revision of the G05/V2000
deflection board.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu