Trying to reinstall XP on reformatted NTFS C: partition but after the CD
loads the files for windows it stops with the message "'windows setup" at the
top left and "Setup is starting windows". but it is stuck. What do I do now?
Pls help - I'm in a bind here. Thanks.

Windows XP Does Not Respond at "Setup Is Starting Windows XP" Message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310760

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"TominFL" wrote:

| Trying to reinstall XP on reformatted NTFS C: partition but after the CD
| loads the files for windows it stops with the message "'windows setup" at the
| top left and "Setup is starting windows". but it is stuck. What do I do now?
| Pls help - I'm in a bind here. Thanks.

I replaced my RAM then I was able to Load windows and all my apps. BUT after
I loaded the drivers for the PVR TV PCI card, it hung. Now it would go into
Safe Mode so I can uninstall the drivers. Any suggestions???