Hi! I don't know much about the specifics that I need, and was hoping I could get some recommendations on what to purchase. I'm looking for a laptop that will function for a few different purposes. Right now I can barely play even the simplest games without some sluggishness from my desktop. As well, I do a lot of graphic art with programs like SAI and Photoshop.
I'll answer as many of these as I can, but I'm unsure of a lot
1. What is your budget?
I'd like to stay under $600, but that may not be reasonable considering what I'm looking for
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
at least around the 15" mark
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
if possible, 4-5 hours at the very lowest
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
L4D 2, Guild Wars 2, WoW, Borderlands, Skyrim, etc
I'm not expecting anything that will give me stunning graphics while running at their smoothest, but I'd like to at least enjoy a game's artwork while playing comfortably (Medium? I'm not actually sure, it's been a while since I've actually been able to play anything on the desktop)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Drawing, artwork with SAI and Photoshop
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Just enough to cover space taken from software, I think? I rely on portable hard drives a lot for my files, but I'm not sure what falls in the gray area.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years at least?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
Sorry for some things left blank, and I realize I may have to sacrifice some features. I appreciate any feedback or help anyone can offer!