Needed/Unneeded files

June 17, 2005 5:09:08 PM

Did a virus scan- found trojan horses in files "c:\counter.cab:\counter.exe"
"c:\counter.cab" "system volume information\restore" The antivirus program
asked if I wanted to delete these files. What are these files & do I need
them, or can I safetly delete these? I don't have a clue on what to do.

More about : needed unneeded files

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:29:20 PM

Yes delete the files.

1) Then turn off System Restore, reboot in Safe Mode (pressing F8 a few
times while booting).

2) Run your virus scan again.

3) Also run Ad-Aware SE Personal (first) and SpyBot-Search & Destroy
(second).
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

4)Reboot in Normal Mode and turn System Restore back on.

Michael

!