hi,
I have a brand new computer and for some reason, I can't record line-in with
Sound Recorder. I've done the nessesary adjustments in control pannel/sounds
and audio devices. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Since you're certain the PC is setup properly, and since it's a new PC and
the line in hasn't just quit after it had been working, it sounds (no pun
intended) like something isn't connected properly.

I'd get out the manual and go over the connections one more time. Line in
can be what may seem like an "oddball" connection.

NOTEKY