Error Code

While trying to fix a problem with the Microsoft Exchange Server in Office
Outlook 2003 a dialog box poped up with the message: Unexpected error, error
code:0x80040401. I have no idea what this error means and cannot locate it
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If anybody can help or tell me where to
find a full list of error codes, what they mean, and how to fix the problem
it would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about error code

    That is a strange one! Try a google for 0x80040401 - it shows some
    interesting results - but all are way above my head! Also, try google groups
    if that isn't enough.

    Good Luck!

    "scer" wrote:

    > While trying to fix a problem with the Microsoft Exchange Server in Office
    > Outlook 2003 a dialog box poped up with the message: Unexpected error, error
    > code:0x80040401. I have no idea what this error means and cannot locate it
    > in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If anybody can help or tell me where to
    > find a full list of error codes, what they mean, and how to fix the problem
    > it would be greatly appreciated.

    How about trying an Outlook NG?
    http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/home/outlooknewsgroupinfo.asp

    "scer" <scer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > While trying to fix a problem with the Microsoft Exchange Server in Office
    > Outlook 2003 a dialog box poped up with the message: Unexpected error,
    > error
    > code:0x80040401. I have no idea what this error means and cannot locate
    > it
    > in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. If anybody can help or tell me where to
    > find a full list of error codes, what they mean, and how to fix the
    > problem
    > it would be greatly appreciated.

Exchange Server Microsoft Windows XP