Is it possible to view and XP user profile as a textfile please?

Malcolm Brown

Hi Malcolm,

Can you rephrase your question again? Perhaps you need the user account
information in a text file?

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Can you rephrase your question again? Perhaps you need the user account
> information in a text file?

This is my first question on this newsgroup so I started with generalities.

For my sins I am 'temporary' unpaid IT administrator for a charity with
about 30 PC's.

Some machines are in a mess so I want to remove the user profiles but then
reset the desirable bits.

When I 'inherited' the job I found a printout of the internet connection
settings for some machine - including password - all in plain text. I
thought this must have come from the user profile. It would be jolly
useful if I could extract this before removing profiles.

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Brown

Malcolm,

Similar software is available at http://www.nirsoft.net/ PassView (i think)
should be able to accomplish the task.

--

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Similar software is available at http://www.nirsoft.net/ PassView (i
> think) should be able to accomplish the task.

The 'nirsoft' site is full of useful goodies.

Thanks very much.

Malcolm Brown

You're welcome Malcolm.

>> The 'nirsoft' site is full of useful goodies.

Yes, one of the most useful ones is the ShellExView.