Boot Problem - Please Help!

June 17, 2005 7:51:43 PM

Last night I restarted Windows (XP PRO), and it hung on the reboot
before getting to the Win logo. I rebooted again and again and it
never progressed to Windows. Nothing had been troubling before this.
I tried booting from the Windows CD, but got the following error:

Inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 32768. Setup
cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

--
rainer79
rainer79's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2338

More about : boot problem

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:20:52 PM

Still no luck, so I could still use help. I've tried swapping out RAM
modules (no help) and restarting in various safe modes (all leading to
hangs). Thanks!