Boot Problem - Please Help!

Last night I restarted Windows (XP PRO), and it hung on the reboot
before getting to the Win logo. I rebooted again and again and it
never progressed to Windows. Nothing had been troubling before this.
I tried booting from the Windows CD, but got the following error:

Inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 32768. Setup
cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

--
rainer79
rainer79's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2338

    Still no luck, so I could still use help. I've tried swapping out RAM
    modules (no help) and restarting in various safe modes (all leading to
    hangs). Thanks!

    --
    rainer79
    rainer79's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2338