bad pool header error

June 17, 2005 7:04:02 PM

have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried installing
verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . . now getting
bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have uninstalled
software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error message
and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install without
drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen of death
.. . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading software
and programs . . .

please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem please
respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .

More about : bad pool header error

June 17, 2005 9:50:39 PM

Some info here may help..
http://www.dvd-software.info/forums/ftopic30458.html

"vansicw" <vansicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried
installing
| verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . .
now getting
| bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have
uninstalled
| software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error
message
| and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install
without
| drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen
of death
| . . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading
software
| and programs . . .
|
| please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem
please
| respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:07:48 PM

Same experience here. Had to reformat/re-install from scratch to clear it
up once and for all.
dm
"vansicw" <vansicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried installing
> verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . . now
> getting
> bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have
> uninstalled
> software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error
> message
> and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install without
> drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen of
> death
> . . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading
> software
> and programs . . .
>
> please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem
> please
> respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:07:49 PM

thanks for the feedback . . . I hope I don't have to go there . . . I am
setting this up for someone else and don't want to have to reformat their
brand new laptop . . .

!