bad pool header error

have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried installing
verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . . now getting
bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have uninstalled
software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error message
and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install without
drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen of death
.. . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading software
and programs . . .

please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem please
respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .
3 answers Last reply
More about pool header error

    Some info here may help..
    http://www.dvd-software.info/forums/ftopic30458.html

    "vansicw" <vansicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried
    installing
    | verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . .
    now getting
    | bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have
    uninstalled
    | software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error
    message
    | and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install
    without
    | drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen
    of death
    | . . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading
    software
    | and programs . . .
    |
    | please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem
    please
    | respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .

    Same experience here. Had to reformat/re-install from scratch to clear it
    up once and for all.
    dm
    "vansicw" <vansicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried installing
    > verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . . now
    > getting
    > bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have
    > uninstalled
    > software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error
    > message
    > and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install without
    > drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen of
    > death
    > . . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading
    > software
    > and programs . . .
    >
    > please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem
    > please
    > respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .

    thanks for the feedback . . . I hope I don't have to go there . . . I am
    setting this up for someone else and don't want to have to reformat their
    brand new laptop . . .

    "DavMil" wrote:

    > Same experience here. Had to reformat/re-install from scratch to clear it
    > up once and for all.
    > dm
    > "vansicw" <vansicw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > have 2 day old dell inspiron 6000 with windows xp . . . tried installing
    > > verbatim store and go usb mass storage drivers and software . . . now
    > > getting
    > > bad pool header error message and blue screen of death . . . have
    > > uninstalled
    > > software but something has been left behind . . . now gives me error
    > > message
    > > and links me to microsoft approved patch but patch won't install without
    > > drivers installed and when driver is installed I get the blue screen of
    > > death
    > > . . . don't want to go to restore point as I spent 6 hours loading
    > > software
    > > and programs . . .
    > >
    > > please . . . if you have any suggestions how to correct this problem
    > > please
    > > respond or email vansicw@yahoo.ca . . . thank you . . .

Windows XP