x64 keyboard failure help

June 17, 2005 8:06:41 PM

I have a new installation with new hardware (yes it worked under 32-bit xp).
Every time I start the computer the keyboard does not work. In device
manager the keyboard driver show an error 10 and will not start. if I delete
it and have it find new hardware it works again until I restart the
computer.

I have tried many differing drivers with the same result and the keyboard
fails just before the login screen appears. It works if I restart in
safe-mode. I have re-installed the trial version and the regular versions,
both on formatted drives to no avail.

Please help, this is past my understanding.

gordon

More about : x64 keyboard failure

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:13:03 PM

Please visit the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"gbleam Bleam" wrote:

| I have a new installation with new hardware (yes it worked under 32-bit xp).
| Every time I start the computer the keyboard does not work. In device
| manager the keyboard driver show an error 10 and will not start. if I delete
| it and have it find new hardware it works again until I restart the
| computer.
|
| I have tried many differing drivers with the same result and the keyboard
| fails just before the login screen appears. It works if I restart in
| safe-mode. I have re-installed the trial version and the regular versions,
| both on formatted drives to no avail.
|
| Please help, this is past my understanding.
|
| gordon
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:38:02 AM

You might want to check your BIOS and see if USB Keyboard or USB mouse
support is turned on. If they are on, turn them off. I had this same
problem and this solution worked for me.
Hope it works for you.

!