x64 keyboard failure help

I have a new installation with new hardware (yes it worked under 32-bit xp).
Every time I start the computer the keyboard does not work. In device
manager the keyboard driver show an error 10 and will not start. if I delete
it and have it find new hardware it works again until I restart the
computer.

I have tried many differing drivers with the same result and the keyboard
fails just before the login screen appears. It works if I restart in
safe-mode. I have re-installed the trial version and the regular versions,
both on formatted drives to no avail.

Please help, this is past my understanding.

gordon
2 answers Last reply
More about keyboard failure help

    Please visit the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "gbleam Bleam" wrote:

    | I have a new installation with new hardware (yes it worked under 32-bit xp).
    | Every time I start the computer the keyboard does not work. In device
    | manager the keyboard driver show an error 10 and will not start. if I delete
    | it and have it find new hardware it works again until I restart the
    | computer.
    |
    | I have tried many differing drivers with the same result and the keyboard
    | fails just before the login screen appears. It works if I restart in
    | safe-mode. I have re-installed the trial version and the regular versions,
    | both on formatted drives to no avail.
    |
    | Please help, this is past my understanding.
    |
    | gordon

    You might want to check your BIOS and see if USB Keyboard or USB mouse
    support is turned on. If they are on, turn them off. I had this same
    problem and this solution worked for me.
    Hope it works for you.

    "gbleam Bleam" wrote:

    > I have a new installation with new hardware (yes it worked under 32-bit xp).
    > Every time I start the computer the keyboard does not work. In device
    > manager the keyboard driver show an error 10 and will not start. if I delete
    > it and have it find new hardware it works again until I restart the
    > computer.
    >
    > I have tried many differing drivers with the same result and the keyboard
    > fails just before the login screen appears. It works if I restart in
    > safe-mode. I have re-installed the trial version and the regular versions,
    > both on formatted drives to no avail.
    >
    > Please help, this is past my understanding.
    >
    > gordon

Keyboard Failure Keyboards Windows XP