Brendan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok, randomly my computer started freezing/going to a dark blue screen then
crashing, I think once it said somthing about a Kernel error (???), but this
only happens when I go into games on my computer, like Counter-Strike
and World of Warcraft, whenever Im about to get into the game it freezes and
crashes.

Tried to restore it back a few days until when it was working fine but it
didnt help.
Anyone have any ideas what this may be and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Problems on running a particular piece of software suggest that the software
has become corrupted either by not being installed properly or by another
piece of software. To check this you could uninstall the problem software.
If the computer is OK you've found the cause. (You did not say at what
point this problem occurred). Ultimately, you may have to think about
safeguarding all your data, reformatting and installing the OS and
applications (including software drivers).

Random activity like this *suggests* that the processor (or some other
component on the motherboard) may have been damaged (? through over
heating).

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions