Compter crashing when entering games..

Sometimes it will just freezes, and sometimes it will go into dark blue
screen and makes me have to restart it. Never used to happen before, even
tried restoring to a earlier date and it still happens.
Anyone know what this may be?

Help please! :p
2 answers Last reply
More about compter crashing entering games

    Right click on a vacant area of the desktop. Select Properties.......from
    the Display Properties window, select the Settings tab and click on the
    Advanced button. In the next window, click on the Troubleshoot tab and move
    the Hardware Acceleration slider to one notch above None......apply and OK
    out. Reboot your machine and try your game. If this stops the 'freezing',
    look into new video drivers and/or a new video card. If this doesn't help,
    simply go back and move the slider back to Full.....and I don't know.
    Heirloom, old and worked for me

    "brendan" <brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sometimes it will just freezes, and sometimes it will go into dark blue
    > screen and makes me have to restart it. Never used to happen before, even
    > tried restoring to a earlier date and it still happens.
    > Anyone know what this may be?
    >
    > Help please! :p

    "brendan" <brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sometimes it will just freezes, and sometimes it will go into dark blue
    > screen and makes me have to restart it. Never used to happen before, even
    > tried restoring to a earlier date and it still happens.
    > Anyone know what this may be?
    >
    > Help please! :p

    In addition to the other post:

    You haven't given much in the way of detail. Are you sure that your unnamed
    game supports your unnamed graphics card? Some games have a list of
    supported graphics chips.

Support Games Microsoft Windows XP