Computer Restarts While I Am Using It.

Hi,
For the past 2 months my computer has been restarting itself while I am
using it. It does this most frequently while i am playing a game or copying a
CD. When it restarts, it dusplays a message saying "Windows has recovered
from a serious error". So i send an error report and Micrsoft says they are
unable to help me with it. The Error signature is:
BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:8058F672 BCP3:F145AC60
BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:768_1

If I look under detailed report of error it says this:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061805-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER72.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml

If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
Wato87

"Wato87" <Wato87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> For the past 2 months my computer has been restarting itself while I am
> using it. It does this most frequently while i am playing a game or
> copying a
> CD. When it restarts, it dusplays a message saying "Windows has recovered
> from a serious error". So i send an error report and Micrsoft says they
> are
> unable to help me with it. The Error signature is:
> BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:8058F672 BCP3:F145AC60
> BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:768_1
>
> If I look under detailed report of error it says this:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061805-01.dmp
> C:\DOCUME~1\Robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER72.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml
>
> If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be much appreciated.
> Thankyou
> Wato87

Sounds like you have an older computer.

If it's a desktop unit, install a new (and preferably at least 300 Watts)
power supply, since you're doing burning. If it's a laptop, have its fan
replaced. On either, have the heat sink compound replaced between the CPU
and the fan or heat sink that sits on top of the CPU. That will probably fix
the problem. Also try reseating any cards that plug in, and reseat memory
sticks too, and press down gently but firmly on anything that is socketed.
Replace the flat ribbon connectors that connect to the desktop Hard Disk
Drives. Your problem is probably not related to Windows but instead to an
over-heating device (probably the power supply or CPU chip). Do not touch
the inside of the computer if the power cord is plugged into the wall, and
often touch the unpainted bare metal on the case before touching something
inside the computer.

I have nearly the same error. I have a Athlon 64 with Geforce FX 5950.
The temperature of the diagram map is with 45°C those of the CPU
44°C.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F6C995CF BCP3 :
B9D32CCC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8302.dir00\Mini061905-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8302.dir00\sysdata.xml

There is the same folder as with you. The error steps since the
installation of DirectX 9.0c. But I found no problems in the Internet
like this. Anothe reasen could be the instllation of WindowsXP on
another Partition of my pc. I have 2 equal operating systems.

He falls only off if I Rome tw starts.

I hope it is readable. My english ist not so good :(. Most of these
sentence are vorm the languagetool of google *embarrassingly*

mfg Nordstern (Northstar)

"Nordstern" <homer@gampp-wgt.de> wrote in message
[...]

If software is causing the problem then there might be entries in the Event
Viewer about it.

now I installes Direktx 9.0b and now only the Programm not the pc
crashes down...
And now I know that not the Game is crashing down. It ist this
programm: ~5e.00001. a cd copyprotection programm. But teh game is
original. I have no illigal programms...

The Massage
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F6C995CF BCP3 :
B9D32CCC
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\­Temp\WER8302.dir00\Mini061905-­01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\­Temp\WER8302.dir00\sysdata.xml

was also in the event viewer...

Hello,
I checked the temprature of my motherboard and CPU. This is what came out:
Motherboard - 28 Degrees C (82 Degrees F)
CPU - 36-37 Degrees C (97-99 Degrees F)
I hope this is the problem.
Thanks,
Wato

Those temperatures are ok. Then I'd try another power supply, but that would
just be a "rule it out" diagnostic procedure. Anyway, sound like hardware
issue and not a software issue. This forum is for XP software issues, you
might want to have a tech take a look at your computer with an eye towards a
hardware problem. First, check your Event Viewer for any red or yellow
entries, if you find any then post full details about them here
(double-click an entry to get its details).

> Hello,
> I checked the temprature of my motherboard and CPU. This is what came out:
> Motherboard - 28 Degrees C (82 Degrees F)
> CPU - 36-37 Degrees C (97-99 Degrees F)
> I hope this is the problem.
> Thanks,
> Wato

Hey,
I opened my PC up and had a look inside. I though there could be a problem
with my CPU fan as the tempratures rose to 51 degrees C!! I took the fan off
looked at the CPU and then put the fan back on. It hasnt restarted since so i
believe that i didnt put the fan back on properly the last time i cleaned it.
Thanks for your help Guys,
Wato