Computer Restarts While I Am Using It.

Hi,
For the past 2 months my computer has been restarting itself while I am
using it. It does this most frequently while i am playing a game or copying a
CD. When it restarts, it dusplays a message saying "Windows has recovered
from a serious error". So i send an error report and Micrsoft says they are
unable to help me with it. The Error signature is:
BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:8058F672 BCP3:F145AC60
BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:768_1

If I look under detailed report of error it says this:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061805-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER72.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml

If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
Wato87
7 answers Last reply
More about computer restarts

    "Wato87" <Wato87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > For the past 2 months my computer has been restarting itself while I am
    > using it. It does this most frequently while i am playing a game or
    > copying a
    > CD. When it restarts, it dusplays a message saying "Windows has recovered
    > from a serious error". So i send an error report and Micrsoft says they
    > are
    > unable to help me with it. The Error signature is:
    > BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:8058F672 BCP3:F145AC60
    > BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:768_1
    >
    > If I look under detailed report of error it says this:
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061805-01.dmp
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Robert\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER72.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml
    >
    > If anyone could help me with this problem, it would be much appreciated.
    > Thankyou
    > Wato87

    Sounds like you have an older computer.

    If it's a desktop unit, install a new (and preferably at least 300 Watts)
    power supply, since you're doing burning. If it's a laptop, have its fan
    replaced. On either, have the heat sink compound replaced between the CPU
    and the fan or heat sink that sits on top of the CPU. That will probably fix
    the problem. Also try reseating any cards that plug in, and reseat memory
    sticks too, and press down gently but firmly on anything that is socketed.
    Replace the flat ribbon connectors that connect to the desktop Hard Disk
    Drives. Your problem is probably not related to Windows but instead to an
    over-heating device (probably the power supply or CPU chip). Do not touch
    the inside of the computer if the power cord is plugged into the wall, and
    often touch the unpainted bare metal on the case before touching something
    inside the computer.

    I have nearly the same error. I have a Athlon 64 with Geforce FX 5950.
    The temperature of the diagram map is with 45°C those of the CPU
    44°C.

    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F6C995CF BCP3 :
    B9D32CCC
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

    C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8302.dir00\Mini061905-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8302.dir00\sysdata.xml

    There is the same folder as with you. The error steps since the
    installation of DirectX 9.0c. But I found no problems in the Internet
    like this. Anothe reasen could be the instllation of WindowsXP on
    another Partition of my pc. I have 2 equal operating systems.

    He falls only off if I Rome tw starts.

    I hope it is readable. My english ist not so good :(. Most of these
    sentence are vorm the languagetool of google *embarrassingly*

    mfg Nordstern (Northstar)

    "Nordstern" <homer@gampp-wgt.de> wrote in message
[...]

    If software is causing the problem then there might be entries in the Event
    Viewer about it.

    now I installes Direktx 9.0b and now only the Programm not the pc
    crashes down...
    And now I know that not the Game is crashing down. It ist this
    programm: ~5e.00001. a cd copyprotection programm. But teh game is
    original. I have no illigal programms...

    The Massage
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F6C995CF BCP3 :
    B9D32CCC
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

    C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\­Temp\WER8302.dir00\Mini061905-­01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ANDI&S~1\LOCALS~1\­Temp\WER8302.dir00\sysdata.xml

    was also in the event viewer...

    Hello,
    I checked the temprature of my motherboard and CPU. This is what came out:
    Motherboard - 28 Degrees C (82 Degrees F)
    CPU - 36-37 Degrees C (97-99 Degrees F)
    I hope this is the problem.
    Thanks,
    Wato

    Those temperatures are ok. Then I'd try another power supply, but that would
    just be a "rule it out" diagnostic procedure. Anyway, sound like hardware
    issue and not a software issue. This forum is for XP software issues, you
    might want to have a tech take a look at your computer with an eye towards a
    hardware problem. First, check your Event Viewer for any red or yellow
    entries, if you find any then post full details about them here
    (double-click an entry to get its details).

    > Hello,
    > I checked the temprature of my motherboard and CPU. This is what came out:
    > Motherboard - 28 Degrees C (82 Degrees F)
    > CPU - 36-37 Degrees C (97-99 Degrees F)
    > I hope this is the problem.
    > Thanks,
    > Wato

    Hey,
    I opened my PC up and had a look inside. I though there could be a problem
    with my CPU fan as the tempratures rose to 51 degrees C!! I took the fan off
    looked at the CPU and then put the fan back on. It hasnt restarted since so i
    believe that i didnt put the fan back on properly the last time i cleaned it.
    Thanks for your help Guys,
    Wato

    "Winguy" wrote:

    > Those temperatures are ok. Then I'd try another power supply, but that would
    > just be a "rule it out" diagnostic procedure. Anyway, sound like hardware
    > issue and not a software issue. This forum is for XP software issues, you
    > might want to have a tech take a look at your computer with an eye towards a
    > hardware problem. First, check your Event Viewer for any red or yellow
    > entries, if you find any then post full details about them here
    > (double-click an entry to get its details).
    >
    > "Wato87" <Wato87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I checked the temprature of my motherboard and CPU. This is what came out:
    > > Motherboard - 28 Degrees C (82 Degrees F)
    > > CPU - 36-37 Degrees C (97-99 Degrees F)
    > > I hope this is the problem.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Wato