Lost Mouse Functionality

I run WinXP Professional/AMD Athlon 1.2GB CPU/1GB DDR-Dimm

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse (#64215). I had already loaded
MouseWorks 6.03, and was having troubles with the mouse skipping and
not working smoothly. I found a previous version (5.60) of Mouseworks,
and I installed it, but it did not remove the other version already
installed. Somehow, the Kensington drivers cancelled out my PS2 port
where a regular mouse won't work, nor will a USB Mouse.

I can't get any mouse functionality, so I can't find a way to uninstall
the drivers to fix the problem. Even in Safe Mode, there is no mouse
functionality.

I'd like to uninstall both the Kensington programs and drivers
altogether.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
jrichar9
jrichar9's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12919

Since you were able to fire up in safe mode I must assume you have keyboard
functionality.

Getting to add/remove programs with a keyboard is a walk in the park. The
windows logo key gives you the start menu, then it's just arrows from there.

Here are all the keyboard commands.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;126449

It could be the mouse too, any PC place should be able to check it out in a
second (if they want money walk out). Don't know the mouse but if it's only
capable of PS2 then testing it in one of your USB's is futile.

Don't know exactly what you did but somewhere along the way Windows should
have recognized new hardware? mouse? If it didn't then it sounds like the
mouse has died.

About all I can offer, good luck!

NOTEKY