my computer is acting up

last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i hit
alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but it
was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager. it
does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really fast
and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
running and i dont know about them.
4 answers Last reply
More about computer acting

    my computer has dvd record capability...could you fill me in on that ?
    thanks
    jonzgirl

    "rjay1513" <rjay1513@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i
    > hit
    > alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but
    > it
    > was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager.
    > it
    > does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really
    > fast
    > and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
    > running and i dont know about them.

    Power off for 30" and reboot. Still doing it?

    yes i rebooted it still did the same thing

    "Victor Henry" wrote:

    > "rjay1513" <rjay1513@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i
    > > hit
    > > alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but
    > > it
    > > was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager.
    > > it
    > > does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really
    > > fast
    > > and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
    > > running and i dont know about them.
    >

    > Power off for 30" and reboot. Still doing it?

    Have you run virus checks, spyware checks, etc. in safe mode?

    "rjay1513" <rjay1513@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i
    > hit
    > alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but
    > it
    > was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager.
    > it
    > does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really
    > fast
    > and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
    > running and i dont know about them.

Computers Task Manager Windows XP