my computer is acting up

June 18, 2005 1:49:02 AM

last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i hit
alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but it
was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager. it
does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really fast
and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
running and i dont know about them.

More about : computer acting

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:50:01 AM

my computer has dvd record capability...could you fill me in on that ?
thanks
jonzgirl

"rjay1513" wrote:

> last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i hit
> alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but it
> was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager. it
> does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really fast
> and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
> running and i dont know about them.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:42:01 AM

"rjay1513" <rjay1513@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i
> hit
> alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but
> it
> was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager.
> it
> does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really
> fast
> and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
> running and i dont know about them.

Power off for 30" and reboot. Still doing it?
June 19, 2005 12:37:01 AM

yes i rebooted it still did the same thing

"Victor Henry" wrote:

> "rjay1513" <rjay1513@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > last night i was burning some dvds and my computer stopped responding. i
> > hit
> > alt ctrl del to bring up the task manager to end the program. it ended but
> > it
> > was like in slow motion. ever since then i cant pull up the task manager.
> > it
> > does nothing when i try to open it. also my computer is running really
> > fast
> > and loud like the drive is doing something. i dont know if i have programs
> > running and i dont know about them.
>

> Power off for 30" and reboot. Still doing it?

June 19, 2005 10:15:50 AM

Have you run virus checks, spyware checks, etc. in safe mode?

!